Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildalton Agriculture College

• 04-04-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey Guys,

Am hoping you can help. I have applied for Kildalton agriculture college, which I am hoping to get, I am just wondering if anyone can give me info on where people normally live when they go here as it seems quite remote and they have a very limited number of accomodation on site. However if I do not decided to live at the college would I need to drive to be able to get to college every day??

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Hey Guys,

Am hoping you can help. I have applied for Kildalton agriculture college, which I am hoping to get, I am just wondering if anyone can give me info on where people normally live when they go here as it seems quite remote and they have a very limited number of accomodation on site. However if I do not decided to live at the college would I need to drive to be able to get to college every day??

Thanks Guys
    Try your best to get college accomidation as that's how you really get to know the rest of the equines ;).
    If not try get a house with a few lads or girls you'll know, then seeing as your not let alcohol on campus or make lots of noise all the rest that live on campus will head to your house on a Wednesday night.
    If you don't get college accommodation ring the college office and they will give you a list of land lords that have houses to rent.

Hope that helps.
    I finished up in Kildalton 2 yrs ago so know how things are ran

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

Hey Guys,

Thanks Guys

Were you at the open day today? Were you impressed?
    Some guys rent a house in waterford and drive out, might not be the cheapest because of the amount of fuel you,d burn but waterford has the nightlife, which is great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭lefthooker

TossL1916 wrote: »
    Were you at the open day today? Were you impressed?
    Some guys rent a house in waterford and drive out, might not be the cheapest because of the amount of fuel you,d burn but waterford has the nightlife, which is great craic

When I was in the dorm in the late 90s it was like Guantanamo. I packed up at Xmas and bunked in with some of the lads in Waterford. Driving was expensive but the nightlife and craic made up for it.

lefthooker wrote: »
    When I wain in the dorm in the late 90s it was like Guantanamo. I packed up at Xmas and bunked in with some of the lads in Waterford. Driving was expensive but the nightlife and craic made up for it.

Ye there not great now tbh.
    But if you and a few friends are going to kilDalton. Get a house in the village or in temples.
    You won't be in college for ever so make the best of it is all I can say.
    And don't pay too much attention to JR is all I can say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭conor t

Hey Guys,

Thanks Guys
    U cud get de wit bus every mornin in kildalton at 9 leaves at 5, but u mite have a long wait some days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

You could get up early at home milk and then go. Would that be a runner?

You could get up early at home milk and then go. Would that be a runner?

What fun would that be :D
    In my second year I used to get up at half 5 on a Monday and Wednesday morning to milk for a lad in Carrick.
    Helped aid the beer fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Think things have changed for the better there since the late 90's when i was there. Luckily i was put in digs outside the the prison walls. back then you had to do study for 2 hrs like in boarding school. I had a car luckily so drove the lads to waterford every wednesday night then up at 6.30am to get back so the lads could sneak back in. If you were caught you were suspended for week. Woman in digs was strict enough but used to tell her i was on lambing duty.

So my advice is to stay anywhere but the college. And preferably in waterford. As the fillies in the big city will open your eyes. And any luck your fly as well

st1979 wrote: »
    Think things have changed for the better there since the late 90's when i was there. Luckily i was put in digs outside the the prison walls. back then you had to do study for 2 hrs like in boarding school. I had a car luckily so drove the lads to waterford every wednesday night then up at 6.30am to get back so the lads could sneak back in. If you were caught you were suspended for week. Woman in digs was strict enough but used to tell her i was on lambing duty.

So my advice is to stay anywhere but the college. And preferably in waterford. As the fillies in the big city will open your eyes. And any luck your fly as well
    Ah its nothing like that at all now. They let ye do what ye want basicly.
    All equines on too floor now :D
    Ye living outside is still the better option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Watch out for sweaty frank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Stoudy

Hey to the OP are you attending Kildalton now? We're thinking about moving from the South up that way this year so I'm curious how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Watch out for sweaty frank

Frank is gone and james ryan is vice principle now

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Frank is gone and james ryan is vice principle now

Feck wouldn't have seen james as a vice. Shoes principal?
    Hardly tim?

Advertisement