Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting small boat on the Barrow

Options
  • 04-04-2014 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

Hi there friend of mine and myself we go now and then down around St Mullins or Graige for a bit of pike fishing and some spinning. We usually work off the riverbank mostly around the locks.
    But we thought how nice it would be to rent a small boat to get to places no one would usually get to plus it would make it less of a track what with all the gear.

Anyone know of any place in that area?

Ideally like those little boats the licensed fishers have. Small wood jobby with a tiny outboard. Don't want to pay 'tourist' prices either.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Its not possible to rent a boat on the Barrow.You might be better off in investing in your own especially if you fish the barrow a lot. You might get a bargain on donedeal or some other website. However I would suggest that you get someone that has experience to bring you a number of times as it is dangerous if you dont know what your doing, especially when your going through the locks in a small boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Thanks for the advice but there are canoes and kajaks and even barges for rent. Thought someone should have something. Unfortunately own boat is not an option. We're five times a year catch & release guys, own boat would be too much hassle what with trailers and everything.
    My friend is from the area and thought there was someone in the past but can't remember the name and number. He also knows his way around locks I'd be happy in a boat with him. Thanks again.

Advertisement