Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was going to hack the Wii Channel on my Wii U but...

• 04-04-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

I've softmodded my Wii ages ago and it was easy enough. I noticed you can now run homebrew from your Wii Channel on your Wii U easily enough (Super Smash Exploit).

Before I attempt it though I was wondering about one thing.

Emulators I then run from the Homebrew Channel on the Wii part of the Wii U. Can I run them on the Wii U Gamepad AND control them via the Wii U gamepad ?

Or would they run on the gamepad but still need a Wiimote to play ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

brianon wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

I've softmodded my Wii ages ago and it was easy enough. I noticed you can now run homebrew from your Wii Channel on your Wii U easily enough (Super Smash Exploit).

Before I attempt it though I was wondering about one thing.

Emulators I then run from the Homebrew Channel on the Wii part of the Wii U. Can I run them on the Wii U Gamepad AND control them via the Wii U gamepad ?

Or would they run on the gamepad but still need a Wiimote to play ?
    wii games played on the wii u gamepad are controlled by the wii controllers only the buttons on the gamepad do not fiction. The gamepad is only acting as a second screen for wii games while the missus watches crap on telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks. Hardly seems worth bothering with so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

i softmodded my wiiu with smashstacks and my little lad plays it on the gamepad as a screen but he has to use the wii joypad, its handy because we can watch tv and he can sit ther using the pad as a screen, its definately worth doing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Well I went ahead and did it and it was super easy. Worthwhile I guess to have it on the gamepad screen for when the wife is watching something.

Advertisement