Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aib student Summer staff

Options
  • 04-04-2014 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi has anyone heard from AIB yet about interviews for their temp summer positions for students? Applications closed Monday, really hope I get an interview:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bbt159

was wondering the same myself as I still haven't heard back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pamandhercats

I haven't heard anything back yet either, I've given up all hope now, I was really hoping I'd get an interview! :( In the job description it said: 'The closing date for these roles is Monday 31st March 2014. Please note that if shortlisted, interviews will take place in early April 2014'
    Surely we should have been contacted by now. Have you heard anything yet?

True!Though the status on my application still hasn't changed from 'New Application', so I'm hoping I'm still in with a chance!

bbt159 wrote: »
    True!Though the status on my application still hasn't changed from 'New Application', so I'm hoping I'm still in with a chance!

Mine has said 'under review' since the 3rd.. I'd be very worried if it has taken them 11 days to read my CV! Ha :)
    I guess it depends which region you applied for too, some might be done faster than others if they got fewer applicants etc. I don't know if being 'reviewed' for so long is a good thing or a bad thing though.. I'm gonna go with bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

Hey, I was called for an interview in Dublin City centre last Wednesday, think interview went ok but haven't heard anything since. It depends what area you applied to, they might not of started interviews yet. My application has said under review since April 3rd too

• Advertisement

ms.sunnyb wrote: »
    Hey, I was called for an interview in Dublin City centre last Wednesday, think interview went ok but haven't heard anything since. It depends what area you applied to, they might not of started interviews yet. My application has said under review since April 3rd too

Best of luck, I hope you get it :) Do you mind we asking what format the interview was?
    I applied to Dublin North & West region, I don't think I've heard of anyone with an interview there yet so fingers crossed! I just hope they send me out a rejection email if they're not pursuing my application further so I'm not left guessing for weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizjoan

Any one hear from Aib following interview?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Ciano313

Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

How do I log in to view my application ?

The site "success factors " which the applications are made through keeps drawing a blank ? :S

I phoned yesterday and they said people would find out today or tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 daza2014

Can I ask are these positions the same ones I would have done an Aptitude test for yesterday? I applied for Branch Banking and they said people doing aptitude tests yesterday were for Banking Operations aswell.

I don't know, I don't think so, they are for a 10 week summer position for 1st year students. I didn't have to do an aptitude test

Anybody hear anything today?

elizjoan wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything today?

Nope! I've abandoned all hope, considering I applied almost a month ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Nope still nothing !

Since on the application it said interviews should be "early April " and it's practically May now I'm not too hopeful about it sadly

Where have you all applied to ?

I've applied for both Dublin North & West and Dublin City & Dublin South

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sarahjanenuim

I had my interview over 2 weeks ago, for the Dublin North and West Region and I haven't heard anything back yet. They said it would take 2/3 weeks.
    Anyone else in a similar situation or know whats going on ?

I had my interview over 2 weeks ago, for the Dublin North and West Region and I haven't heard anything back yet. They said it would take 2/3 weeks.
    Anyone else in a similar situation or know whats going on ?

Same, for the Dublin Central and South region. Hopefully we'll hear the outcome soon.

I haven't heard anything yet either, I had interview for Dublin South and central over 2weeks ago, hopefully we hear by end of the day,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭paddykell

I called them today to get an update, they said that they'll be calling people on Monday or Tuesday. Good luck everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 holidayadvice

Hi just wondering have you heard anything back? Has anybody any advice for the aptitude test? Not sure what to expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 col21

Hey just wondering if anyone got a call back today? I had my interview 3 weeks ago now...

col21 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone got a call back today? I had my interview 3 weeks ago now...

I had mine three weeks ago too. Hoping to hear today or tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get a call.
    Will you do the same ?

Yea i'll let you know if I hear anything.

I'm in the same situation. If I hear anything I'll post here, if anybody else does that'd be appreciated, at least we might know when to expect a call at that point.

Anyone heard anything yet? I'm waiting nervously by the phone here!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 holidayadvice

Hey Paddy. I sat the apptitude test yesterday. They said they will contact us by end of week. I'm afraid I failed the test though.Did anybody else find it difficult?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Ciano313

I wasn't given an aptitude test. Still no word, really hoping for something soon.

I still havnt heard either. Does anyone know what the exact start date is suppose to be??

Not until early June. There was no specific date given as far as i'm aware

• Advertisement

Is there going to be an aptitude test for all the internship positions ?
    It wasn't mentioned at my interview.
    I rang yesterday and they said we'll hear by the end of the week. ( but I only asked about the position I applied for - North and West Dublin 10 week summer internship)

Advertisement