Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spinning from rocks this time of year

Options
  • 04-04-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have only ever caught fish while spinning or lure fishing from the rocks in August or September. Is there a reasonable chance of catching this time of year ? Would you fish an hour before high tide from rocks and try and get the lure deep ? Going to west cork at Easter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

yep u should get Pollock anyway, we fish west cork a lot and had mackerel there in april last year the Pollock can be up to 7lbs, some scrap on very light gear

• Registered Users Posts: 9 patn

Would you fish a jelly lure or something deep through sea weed ? Any way to stop constant snagging ? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

patn wrote: »
    Would you fish a jelly lure or something deep through sea weed ? Any way to stop constant snagging ? Thanks a mill

Where I fish is pretty deep around kinsale area, I hardly ever get stuck even with 28gm lures
    I say it doesn't matter what u use to be honest if there are pollock there u will catch
    Be good to bring both I say coz the soft lures are very good too
    Where abouts are u going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

patn wrote: »
    ...Any way to stop constant snagging ?...
    Texas or weedless rigged lures helps but if you want to hook fish you are going to hook snags too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 patn

I will be around crook haven barley cove goleen area. I will try the piers at dun lough and toormore and maybe also galley cove by crook haven. Thanks for advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement