Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Swimming Events

Options
  • 04-04-2014 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of taking back up competitive swimming. Was a club swimmer and raced for 11-12 years. took few years out of swimming competitively while concentrating on rugby and last year took up triathlon.
    I know I missed the Limerick Masters Gala which was 3/4 weeks ago but I'm just wondering is there many more Masters galas coming up and if so When and Where?
    Was very good in the 50m/100m breaststroke when I swam. What would standard be like?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You can look up results of past meets online. It's all on the Irish swimming website. The main thing is you need to be part of a club so you should look into that. I know one or two let people pay a nominal fee if they mostly train themselves. There's one or two more exents left this year and a few will be heading abroad for competitions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

you missed the kingdom masters in tralee yesterday, was a good event well done to organisers. aer lingus have one in may and there's some international ones too listed on the swim ireland masters website. standard can be seen from previous events, it goes from poor to very strong to be honest in many of the age groups.

Advertisement