Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing Connection (Data usage app)

Options
  • 04-04-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I am allowing my neighbour to make use of my wifi connection for general browsing. Anyone know of a good free windows application I can use to monitor data usage per device connected to my network

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hi,
    So I am allowing my neighbour to make use of my wifi connection for general browsing. Anyone know of a good free windows application I can use to monitor data usage per device connected to my network

Thanks

You'd need a better router and even then it's very difficult to distinguish using Wi-Fi when you are using the Wi-Fi too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Most routers allow you to set up a guest network and limit the bandwidth. So if it's just browsing etc you want him doing then you can allow him 1Mbit or thereabouts. You'd want to trust that he won't be doing anything illegal etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Most routers allow you to set up a guest network and limit the bandwidth. So if it's just browsing etc you want him doing then you can allow him 1Mbit or thereabouts. You'd want to trust that he won't be doing anything illegal etc.

I challenge you to name one ISP provided one that offers it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I challenge you to name one ISP provided one that offers it

I've no idea. Most routers you buy do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

thanks for the info all.
    The router I have is pretty advanced so I'll have a look and see if its got the functionality thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement