Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit Theory (PC)

Options
  • 04-04-2014 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Limit Theory Home page.
    Kickstarter page (Already funded)

I just stumbled across this tonight and was impressed, so I thought I would let other PC gamers know about it.

From the Kick starter page:
    In brief, Limit Theory is:

An open-world space simulator / RPG
    A sandbox game : No story, no restrictions.
    Completely procedural : A completely new universe is only a button-click away.
    Infinite : The game universe has no boundary.
    Third-Person or First-Person : Command your ship from within or without.
    Deep and intelligent : Engage in far more than just combat or trading.
    Twitch-Based : Aim and fire weaponry directly, as you would in a shooter.
    Approachable : Intuitive controls and slick interfaces ensure that playing will never feel like a job.
    Strategic : Command an entire fleet when you amass enough cash to purchase more ships.
    Extensively-Customizable : Outfit your ship, fleet, and space stations with whatever equipment you choose.
    Single Player : A universe built just for you, that no one else will ever get to see (unless you choose to share it with them!)
    Beautiful and Atmospheric : Gaze in awe at a universe as diverse, vibrant, and uniquely-atmospheric as your dreams.
    Everything in the game (star systems, space stations, planets, ships etc.) is generated by a seed number you enter at the beginning of the game. This allows players to explore the same universe as you, or somewhere completely different. Whilst Elite Dangerous looks great, multilayer could swing me one way or the other. This on the other hand is single player and could well be the game to up the ante after the disaster that was X Rebirth.

The first video I came across is for the supply and demand economy engine and it really does look promising. Take a look for yourself:

It has a estimated release schedule of mid 2014.

Advertisement