Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Equipment Question

Options
  • 03-04-2014 6:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi All,

I play guitar and am playing in a duet with a singer/guitar player.

We do mostly pop and jazz songs.

I'm thinking of buying some recording equipment and was wondering if ye could shed some light on what equipment I exactly need.

I would like to record several guitar tracks and I am sure that the singer would like to record several vocal tracks for each song. It would also be nice to have a friend or two in, who play different solo instruments, for several songs

For backing I have Band in a Box and am happy with that.

Would a multi-track recording device and a microphone or two suffice?

Any help is appreciated and if you need more info just ask.

TIA. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

The answer will depend on your budget, the purpose of the recordings, what type of room you're recording in, whether you prefer a computer based solution vs. a standalone digital recorder... lots of things.

Your best bet is to read through the "beginners" sticky here & then post back if you have specific questions.

Advertisement