Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC challenge 1: Lotus Exige 240R @ Vallenguna

Options
  • 03-04-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

The first boards.ie Assetto Corsa challenge has been set up.

The lotus Exige 240R at Vallenguna, hotlap challenge.

You can launch the challenge directly from inside the game once you have the RSR app and UI installed. In the main menu you should see the RSR button has been added.

If you click that button you can browse the RSR website from inside the game, go to the boards.ie challange page and you should see the race button in the top right that will load up the challenge for you.

It's going to run for 2 weeks to give busy people a chance to put in a time. although there's nothing stopping us from starting a new challenge every week so two could run consecutively for one week.

If anyone is good at making setups they can post them here.

Fire up them engines!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Great stuff, will get cracking at it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did some laps last night. I fired it up from in game browser through start engine button. My time was about 2:02, but it never showed up on website. Did I do something wrong?

Did your times appear on the main leaderboard? (you should be able to see all your hotlaps for each circuit on radiator-champs.com). I use a powerlink ethernet adapter for my gaming PC and occasionally the Internet connection drops (when I'm hoptlapping) and my times don't get recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

IMy time was about 2:02, but it never showed up on website. Did I do something wrong?
    Did you have the RSR app open while you were lapping? It has to be on to log laps.

Finding it hard to get past the mid 1.52s using Luiggi Boccassini's set up, there's a Fox Gek set up that I haven't tried yet and he's higher on the over all standing for this combo. I'll try him that set up the next chance I get.

The car doesn't seem to like being over driven, once you go over it's limit of traction it just understeers like crazy and you lose heaps of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Finding it hard full stop!
    The tires are pretty much useless if they overheat and can't bring the temps back down once they get too hot.
    Think that is were most of my under-steer is coming from, the sliding has me going nuts!
    Seems the harder i try the slower i go..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry for long delay. How do you start that app? I though you need just open from browser and use start button?
    I swear to god, this is the worst mod instalation and worsg user friendliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Knocked a second off my time using a setup I modified from vallelunga_lotus_exige_240_0_0_0_luigi_boccassini base. Changed a fair amount in it so probably nothing like what that original was like.

Now saying that my time is still only 1.57.464 due to a mixture of both me using XBOX 360 controller and secondly and more importantly I'm just not very good :P but still very happy to knock a second of my time. So for anyone struggling like I am maybe worth a shot giving this setup a go for a couple of laps anyway to see does it help.

robk24 wrote: »
    Finding it hard full stop!
    The tires are pretty much useless if they overheat and can't bring the temps back down once they get too hot.
    Think that is were most of my under-steer is coming from, the sliding has me going nuts!
    Seems the harder i try the slower i go..
    The lotus is very much a slow in/fast out car. You need to get it slowed right down for the front end to work but when it's at the right speed it's got tremendous grip.

I would say where people are going wrong is on the hairpin turns, I watched someone elses replay (on another car) and he was slowing down to nothing on turn 15. I had been going too aggressive into the corner and losing my exit speed.

Here's a video of someone doing the lap in another lotus

It's a slightly counter intuitive car in that when you think your fast your slow, and when you think you've done a slow lap it turns out to be your fastest one. Smoothness and getting grip to the front end of the car is very important and the only way to get grip into the front end of the car is to have it slowing down. So just go slower into the corner and you should have loads more grip on the way out.
    Sorry for long delay. How do you start that app? I though you need just open from browser and use start button?
    After you do that and have the game loaded and your sitting in the car you need to make sure the RSR app is open and connected for it to log a time.

Move your mouse over to the right and an apps menu will pop out, scroll down to the end of that list and you should see the RSR app, make sure that's open while lapping.
    I swear to god, this is the worst mod instalation and worsg user friendliness.
    I take it you haven't played richard burns rally lately then. Now that's a real nightmare to get running.

There are a number of things they could do to make things easier, preloading the apps you want would be one. I'm always on my way into turn one of a race before I remember to turn on the virtual rear mirror.

Another I thing I find helpful with getting a good lap in is to show the Delta times app. This shows the continuous delta time (plus or minus) on your current lap relative to your fastest lap. So if you are behind your ghost car which shows your best lap, you can try a different cornering technique or perhaps braking point to see if it's quicker or slower than what you did previously by monitoring the delta time.

• Advertisement

Darwin wrote: »
    Another I thing I find helpful with getting a good lap in is to show the Delta times app.
    I don't know whether that app is a blessing or a curse. :pac: You certainly need it to know when your going faster on particular parts of the track but you have to be careful not to actually look at the thing while driving. You have to follow it using your peripheral vision or you end up missing your turns.

I like the mini apps too, they come with a tyre temperature monitor.

Lol very true, the ability to move your eyes independently would come in very handy here.

OSI wrote: »
    Bah. The game is always broken when I go to play it. Apparently I can have working sound, or a working steering wheel. But not both.
    Haven't heard of that problem, have you tried verifying the integrity of the files? Right click on game > properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game cache..

Make sure your drivers are up to date too. I know Nvidia have brought out new drivers lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Yeah drivers are always up to date, as is windows. Had to reinstall AC to get it working. Even then I had to start a hotlap, exit, configure the controller in the settings, and then back to the hotlap to get everything working correctly. Not the first time I've had to reinstall AC to get it working properly.

Managed a 1:59.0 after a couple of laps. Now I know my way round the track I'll give it another few gos at a decent time. The H shifter on the G25 is a PITA. Was loosing at least a couple of tenths every lap with the shifter getting stuck trying to go into 5th.

I would drop using the H shifter and use the paddles, when I did, I dropped 3 seconds off my laptime which is a ridiculous amount of time to be losing...

Anyway, took a break from this challenge because of what those mentioned above, chasing time made me slower, slower made me mad, mad made me slower....round and round and round. ha ha .

worse thing for me is hitting the apex fine and then getting on the gas gently and the fugger just understeers off the track.... I never swore so much at a sim in my life. Anyway... Might give it another shot the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Just found this thread so i'll post this setup hear also. I find just doing about 10/15 laps is enough for me if i improve my time I'm happy but if i don't i just walk away and try again later I'll end up breaking something if i dont. Also so when trying to find the optimal braking point i practice one corner at a time over and over till i can hit the apex then the next. When i think i've got them done i do laps. It seems to work for me

New time done with this set just changed the tyre pressure's all round to 24 psi.
    http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLi...ad_setup&id=35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I got 1:56.225 on the standard setup. I never change setups in car games. I just struggle on!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

I got 1:56.225 on the standard setup. I never change setups in car games. I just struggle on!

Maybe its time to start changing the setup. :D no need to struggle.
    also have you installed the RSR live timing app??

Dafuq? My time has been removed from the Boards.ie group. Was there last week. Not now. :confused:
    Is it gone from the overall standings as well?

Listed on the overall standings

2906385442.png

But not on the events page for some bizarre reason.
    I've raised the issue with the makers of the app, they may have some sort of record of what happened.

They can't figure it out either, there's no chance you deleted it?

I think the major problem is the app and game keep changing so it must be hard for them to manage problems when the software is changing every two weeks, they could fix one problem only for it to pop up again on the update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement