Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagem myv 65 photos

Options
  • 03-04-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to get old photos from a Sagem myv 65.
    I got a USB cable for it but when I plug it into the computer it just tells me that it could not install the drivers.
    I downloaded a few different things to see if it would work but no joy.
    The battery in the phone is totally dead, would this have anything to do with it? Or should the USB cable also be charging the phone?

Hopefully someone has some ideas on how to get these back!

Cheers,

N

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ideally the Phone should have power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Phones of that vintage rarely charged over USB. Charge it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Ok,

Since I originally posted this I tried to charge it but with no joy.

I'm looking at batteries online but not sure if thats even the problem so don't want to bother getting one just yet.
    Do you know if it's possible to hook the phone up to a power supply to mimic the battery power? As in the 3 connections going to the phone from the battery? And if so, any idea what voltage and way they are connected?

I know i'm asking a lot here, but if this can't be done I will probably just go with a battery online and hope that will work!

Thanks for the replies so far!

N

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nheav wrote: »
    Ok,

Since I originally posted this I tried to charge it but with no joy.

I'm looking at batteries online but not sure if thats even the problem so don't want to bother getting one just yet.
    Do you know if it's possible to hook the phone up to a power supply to mimic the battery power? As in the 3 connections going to the phone from the battery? And if so, any idea what voltage and way they are connected?

I know i'm asking a lot here, but if this can't be done I will probably just go with a battery online and hope that will work!

Thanks for the replies so far!

N

I think 3.7v but you should be able to get a cheap battery. The voltage should be stamped on the battery you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Davy wrote: »
    I think 3.7v but you should be able to get a cheap battery. The voltage should be stamped on the battery you have.

It has plenty of info on it alright, but unfortunately a lot of it has faded off so is very difficult to make out!

Might try 3.7v, any idea on which of 3 pins are for what?

N

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nheav wrote: »
    It has plenty of info on it alright, but unfortunately a lot of it has faded off so is very difficult to make out!

Might try 3.7v, any idea on which of 3 pins are for what?

N

Its proabably outside two pins + and - but cant say without seeing it. If you search for the battery you should find it labelled on it

Advertisement