Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Cam Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

I have a gopro.

when I was reviewing all this when I bought the camera, all reviews and comparisons say the image quality from the gopro is hard to beat.

I don't think that has changed.

if that is your budget you would easily pick up a second hand gopro2.

finally don't forget your phone. buddy got a chest harness from his iphone and I have to say it makes a fine video!

sorry, but I have no experience of your suggested camera.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rideye/rideye-the-black-box-camera-for-your-bike

This caught my eye on the long battery life and the 10 hour record, If I ever get another action cam, I will probably go for this if the video is high enough quality. No reason it could not be used as a helmet cam, looks smaller than the average Garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

CramCycle wrote: »
    This caught my eye on the long battery life and the 10 hour record

I have to say my only complaint about the gopro is the battery life. You get about 1.5 hrs out of a standard battery. I've upgraded to the extra battery pack, and it does double the life of the battery.

But I usually keep a spare battery with me, just in case.

A 10 hr battery would be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I got the sj1000. It's a nice cheap budget camera and the quality is very good for the price but the accessories are pure crap. The waterproof case is solid but the clips are very fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I have the gopro hero2. Great camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Hey all,

I am looking at buying an action cam for my bike and was wondering what people thought of this cam.

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ion-kamera-air-pro-2-hd-wifi-schwarz-blau-en.html#.Uz0rmVdnCv-

QUOTE]

Have a look at a guy calling himself “Techmoan” on youtube.
    Lots of reviews including this camera, or it’s clone or whichever is the clone.
    Lots of other camera options reviewed and well worth subscribing to.

Also I gotta say, one thing having a chest harness for the goPro but anyone with it ontop of their helmit just looks like a gimp, talk about setting yourself up to being burned.
    The bullet cams just look so much better and less obnoxious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Also I gotta say, one thing having a chest harness for the goPro but anyone with it ontop of their helmit just looks like a gimp, talk about setting yourself up to being burned.
    The bullet cams just look so much better and less obnoxious.

I have seen motorcycle helmets with it built into the chin area, it was virtually unnoticeable, but that's not much use to anyone here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I've mine mounted in the front of the helmet and unless you are looking side on its pretty unnoticeable. But I do agree mounting it vertically on top make you look like a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

The_Sub wrote: »
    I've mine mounted in the front of the helmet and unless you are looking side on its pretty unnoticeable. But I do agree mounting it vertically on top make you look like a tool.

+1..I wore mine on top of my helmet at the Marmotte in 2012..there are photographers located along the route taking photo's of all the riders..I looked like a total prat in all of them! :o

Advertisement