Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your credit earning tips

Options
  • 03-04-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

as above, watch a few live streams and few youtube vids, some of the players have like 15-20 million credits on their account and huge amounts of gold. im sure wg or clan is how they earn their copius amounts, or contributes.

personally i have a lowe and a churchill III i use to farm credits every now and again. i play a good few tier 5 and 6 games, and along with the mission bonuses im not normally that broke!

i have sold all my arty in recent weeks though, no craic in them whatsoever anymore.

with tier 10 tanks costing 6million, i have owned a couple and just bought back my is4 last week, but i have unlocked about 4 or 5 more tier 10s and never had the credits to buy them, kinda a waste for public games anyway.

but how do you make your credits? whats your secret :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I tend to use the midtier premiums more than the tier 8s I have. The tier 8s, Lowe and T34 are slow and boring to play. The Churchill III and Matilda IV tend to be more amusing to play, and still generate decent cash. Keeping them with any missions in mind and income is steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I was struggling with credits myself until January-February. Now I'm sitting on roughly 19.5 million credits and I have barely played my Type59 or T34.
    The main income for me were the missions, 100k here, 250k and 500k missions don't take long to total up into a sizeable amount. The reason I have been able to keep the credits is my lack of purchasing tanks lately. Since last year I made the decision to build up my collection, so I have been buying back certain tanks and not selling ones I have elited making credits a real thorn in my side. I have some tanks unlocked now that need to be bought (including two tier 10s) but I'm waiting for discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you think there will be more tier 10 discounts.

need to buy the batchat and the obj268, and the t110e4.

starting to love the lowe again, having some great games in it lately.

so so so so sooooo many red players in the game now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's an across the board tier 10 discount coming up for the WGL finals I believe.

Spear wrote: »
    There's an across the board tier 10 discount coming up for the WGL finals I believe.

You have me drooling.

I've had 121 researched since before Christmas, I held off since the Top of the Tree discounts were scheduled to come back in February and the NA version was "leaked" a bit early, showing it to be the 121. I held off buying it since I figured EU would have the same. No such luck though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was wondering about selling off tier x arty I have (261, GW) .... researched T92 but have not bought it ....might be the only one that I may keep. I'll keep all my tier 9's though

Have a couple of things researched ... don't know if the IS7 is worth buying as its outclassed all over the place. The problem is that OP tanks are never OP by the time I get them :P

the is7s gun is awful for tier 10. i prefer the is4 playstyle, decent armour, ok gun, fun to play.

Nothing wrong with the IS-7. I've been playing it lately to get my crew up to their next skill and having some great battles in it.
    Regarding the arty, I'm playing my newest tier 10, the Object 261 every day to get sixth sense activated and I think I prefer it to T92. The reload and accuracy is so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I played my 261 last night and while we won, I had a couple of no damage shots on the same fecking e75 ... I thought I was shooting ap and hitting track or something. But yes, reload, flight time and accuracy of the shell are pretty good ... speed is not too bad either

impressive amount of damage.

finals are on twitch now, lemming train vs synergy.. its in english but dubbed over russian.. annoying!

edit - english twitch now up on the app.

codes getting spammed in chat, presumably their bs.

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »
    You have me drooling.

I've had 121 researched since before Christmas, I held off since the Top of the Tree discounts were scheduled to come back in February and the NA version was "leaked" a bit early, showing it to be the 121. I held off buying it since I figured EU would have the same. No such luck though :(

I can't find any sign of it now. I was sure I had seen something in the missions windows for the WGL final, yet now it only has some cammo/consumables discounts. Sorry, but it seems I was wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

I know it's a trite answer, but: "play well". :)

Be in the top 3 for damage or xp and you'll get the daily missions done and bring in 100k quite quickly. It's very easy to do if you apply a little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

There is no doubt that the daily missions have increased my earning power...
    The best tip to earn more is to stay alive....once you are dead you stop being able to gain points and help your team. Recognise when you are out gunned and pull back.... be happy sometimes to just take one shot and pull back .... I play too aggressively sometimes and rush forward to the first choke point .. and cant avoid continueing to go toe to toe with an opponent and not recognising that they have a TD 200m back also knocking holes in me...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

VikingG wrote: »
    There is no doubt that the daily missions have increased my earning power...
    The best tip to earn more is to stay alive....once you are dead you stop being able to gain points and help your team. Recognise when you are out gunned and pull back.... be happy sometimes to just take one shot and pull back .... I play too aggressively sometimes and rush forward to the first choke point .. and cant avoid continueing to go toe to toe with an opponent and not recognising that they have a TD 200m back also knocking holes in me...
    Meh we all do it mate, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. I found learning to play light tanks in the 7-10 bracket to be the most valuable asset to my game playing. Finding the discipline to NOT fire, using double bushes when I do fire, constantly watching the map. All of these I had to learn the hard way with my lights, but once I got it I went up 10% in win rates. It's painful but if you haven't done it yet, I suggest you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TOG. Its a minting machine for me. Earnings + missions currently have me at 6Mil odd.

Advertisement