Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Wrestlers - Which unsigned talent would you go see?

Options
  • 03-04-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm just curious to see if any non-WWE names would create a buzz here in Ireland. After seeing UK promotions like PBW, PCW, ICW and Rev Pro build up massive fan bases using predominately European talent.

I've put some poll opinions in, do you think any of the names are worth a watch, or go see live. Or do none of them ring a bell?

Best Unsigned European Talent 18 votes

Grado (UK)
    0% 0 votes
    Zack Sabre Jr. (UK)
    22% 4 votes
    Noam Dar (UK)
    22% 4 votes
    Jonny Moss (UK)
    16% 3 votes
    Kid Fite (UK)
    11% 2 votes
    Kris Travis (UK)
    5% 1 vote
    Emil Stoici (Holland)
    0% 0 votes
    Bad Bones (Germany)
    5% 1 vote
    Jon Ryan (UK)
    5% 1 vote
    Others
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

To be honest, we've a number of guys here that are the equal or superior to some of those listed above.
    Try Prince Devitt, Dunkan Disorderly, Shawn Maxer for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wrestling is Grado

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

to be 100% honest ive only heard of Bad Bones & Grado from the poll list although yeah I think the lads Jimmy mentioned (although Devitt is in a different league) would have just as much of a pull as the UK/continental names listed for people here imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Depends who is doing the signing but the answer is Zack Sabre Jr for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Well I'm considering making the trip from Dublin to Newtonards to see Devitt vs Disorderly.

Would Grado would get over here? I've lived in Glasgow and understand why it works as taking the piss out of yourself (which is pretty much his gimmick) is par for the course over there. I think it would probably go down like a lead balloon in Ireland but I haven't been to a show in a long time so I don't know what crowds are like these days.

It'd be nice to see Sabre after reading that piece on him in FSM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Zack Sabre Jr easily, he's a tremendous wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

All these lads bar Kris Travis have wrestled in Ireland. Grado, zsj and noam Dar wrestled here in the last 2 years.

Would Grado would get over here? I've lived in Glasgow and understand why it works as taking the piss out of yourself (which is pretty much his gimmick) is par for the course over there. I think it would probably go down like a lead balloon in Ireland but I haven't been to a show in a long time so I don't know what crowds are like these days.

The kids loved him last August when he worked a date for Wrestling.ie in Bettystown:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1810268295780544.1073741838.149995041807886&type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I recognise Noam Dar. I saw a couple of his matches on Youtube and was impressed. I think Styles paid him a big compliment if I'm not mistaken. Also I think he's still pretty young so should continue to improve.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

rovert wrote: »
    The kids loved him last August when he worked a date for Wrestling.ie in Bettystown:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1810268295780544.1073741838.149995041807886&type=3

That page the photos are on is well worth a like or 2 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Would love to see Devitt live one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What ever happened to Jody Fleish?
    I remember him from the wrestling channel & a one off event on Bravo years ago (that featured a then recovering Eddie Guerrero)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think he is long since retired.

Always thought Mark Haskins was pretty decent any time I saw him.

GTR63 wrote: »
    What ever happened to Jody Fleish?
    I remember him from the wrestling channel & a one off event on Bravo years ago (that featured a then recovering Eddie Guerrero)

Essentially his girlfriend didn't want him to wrestle and was under the thumb.

Jody Fleisch! Blast from the past. Did he not retire from injury? A broken arm/hand or something.

Jody Fleisch! Blast from the past. Did he not retire from injury? A broken arm/hand or something.

Apparently he lost a part of his finger in an industrial accident or something. That was the excuse why he retired/left the first time. Not too sure that story was ultimately true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Bad Bones - what a f*cking name. Fantastic.

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently he lost a part of his finger in an industrial accident or something. That was the excuse why he retired/left the first time. Not too sure that story was ultimately true.

I remember Powerslam covered it and that rings a bell. I think he had ti have surgery. I saw him at the second IWW show in 2002 and he was fun to watch if you're into spotz n movez. Best match on a night that also featured Jake Roberts vs Flatliner!

Advertisement