Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What level!

Options
  • 02-04-2014 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I do Higher Level history at the moment and have completed the project and wrote higher level on it.

I have asked my teacher twice can I do ordinary level and she said that I am able for higher level but I really cannot see myself doing well or even passing it.

I haven't really done much work on it in the last two years compared to other subjects and I hopefully wont be counting it for points.

Is it too late to go down to ordinary level on the day of the exam? Will this affect my project :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What did you get in the mocks/class exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

How are you at learning off essays? What are you finding difficult? If your projects good thats 20% in the bag. At least another 10% in the document. If you're smart about which essays to learn then you could do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hi,

We didn't do a history mock because we didn't have the course covered (and still don't)

I honestly cannot see myself passing. The project is worth a lot but I really don't want to risk failing something.

Is it too late to go down to pass on the day because the project says higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi,

We didn't do a history mock because we didn't have the course covered (and still don't)

I honestly cannot see myself passing. The project is worth a lot but I really don't want to risk failing something.

Is it too late to go down to pass on the day because the project says higher level?

Just a suggestion, how about completing one of the higher level past papers under proper exam conditions (do as much as you can considering you haven't completed the course) and ask your teacher or another history teacher to correct it for you using the marking scheme. This would give you some idea of whether you're able for it or not. At the end of the day if you're confident of passing at higher level it's worth more points-wise than ordinary level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hi,

I tried this for dictatorship and democracy and I couldn't do a full essay. I literally study for class tests and get B's in them and then forget all the information straight away after the test where as all other subjects I can remember it easier.

At this stage I really want to do pass because its too stressful worrying about it. I just hope I can do ordinary level on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi,

I tried this for dictatorship and democracy and I couldn't do a full essay. I literally study for class tests and get B's in them and then forget all the information straight away after the test where as all other subjects I can remember it easier.

At this stage I really want to do pass because its too stressful worrying about it. I just hope I can do ordinary level on the day.

You can definitely just pick Ordinary on the day, but the type of question asked is different to the HL questions, so familiarise yourself with the OL course and exam papers beforehand.

Advertisement