Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drama Course in Inchicore College

Options
  • 02-04-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone who has done/doing 2 year drama course (performance) in Inchicore College for Further Education. I'm really considering doing the course, but would love to hear opinions of people who's done it before.
    Another question is: what are the fees? I've been trying to find this info, but it only says that you have to pay for this and that without actually stating any figures.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

hi, can't comment on the drama course specifically, but it seems good. I'm doing the tech theatre course there so would be interacting with drama students and tutors regularly, and everybody seems pretty happy.
    They were holding interviews/auditions yesterday and today, were you there? If you missed it you might be a bit late to apply as there seemed to be a lot auditioning for drama, but who knows!
    Fees should be fairly small too, again can't comment on drama but was the happy side of €1000 for the course i'm on, of course personal circumstances will play a part.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Just_Yana

the_barfly1, thanks very much for the answer!

I didn't know about the interviews, I applied at the end of March and it got an email from them saying that they will get back to me with more details, but haven't done so yet. Would be kinda disappointing as the page says that you could apply till the end of March...

well if you've put in your application already then you should be fine. I think i was interviewed for the tech course late april ish last year, the place was almost empty when i had mine, nothing like today or yesterday! Might be a good idea to phone the college tomorrow just to be sure.
    Have you looked at Colaiste Dhulaigh? I hear their drama course is pretty good too if you're looking to keep your options open, theres also the Lir but its quite expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Just_Yana

Thanks again! I'll check that one, I'm also waiting for an answer from the Liberties College.
    Just checked again the page, it says second round of interviews will be in mid-May, so fingers crossed I'll get a call for that one!!

Btw I was also looking at doing technical theatre, as u r doing it, is it any good? Do u get to learn a lot of practical stuff?
    Thanks very much again for the answers!

Yeah I have to say I'm enjoying it, there's a pretty broad range of topics covered; set design, sound, lighting, music theory, theatre history, stage & production management, construction (woodwork), video recording & editing, first aid, mask making, business admin, cad, and some other bits and pieces.
    Its a pretty heavy workload in fairness, especially when theres a production to work on, but its great if you have an interest in that end of things and don't mind climbing ladders and getting your hands dirty.
    There's some long days involved when there's shows or events on, but that's the nature of the work. (You also need to be prepared to set up shows at a moments notice sometimes!)
    Also being a small enough college, you can get a lot more hands-on time with the equipment, which you might not get in other places.
    And the staff are lovely (you'll also get to know them all due to the size of the college).

• Advertisement
Advertisement