Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Conversational German Phrases

Options
  • 02-04-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all! :D I'm preparing for the German Oral Exam at the moment and was just wondering if any of you could share any good conversational German phrases? :) I'm referring to phrases similar to "Mar is eol duit" and "Chun an fhirinne a rá" in Irish that could just be thrown in at the start of sentences. I think phrases like these sound very good in conversation, and so I was hoping maybe some of you could share any that you know :) thanks very much for reading, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Stuff like 'Meiner Meinung nach..'- in my opinion or 'ich hoffe dass....'- I hope that.., can be quite useful. However try and use as wide a variety of vocabulary and link phrases as you can. Simple stuff e.g ich glaube, ich finde, will still be grand. Try to be as natural as you can when speaking, not desperately trying to introduce these phrases as much as possible, that way you'll sound a lot less 'rote-learned'.

Advertisement