Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in sharing a retail unit

Options
  • 02-04-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Gang,
    I'm working on an ecommerce start-up selling fitness wear. There are a number of brands I want to stock that insist that I have a physical shop.

I'm based in Dublin and just curious to know if there is anyone out there who would be willing to share some retail space?

Just throwing it out there.....:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

There's a shop on South William St that I've seen advertise shared retail space for rent a number of times. Can't remember the name of it but if you check Daft it might be listed. It's one of the clothes shops on the left hand side if you're walking up from Wicklow St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Very very difficult now to get traction with online. A recent retail conference in New York suggested that the trend is turning back to physical stores for items that require smell, touch or trying on.

I do know someone in the running arena who has a very good site www.sub4sport.com - has all the brands, is well known in the field, good money behind them and STILL its a small part-time business and I believe it requires a proper retail presence to work.

So, apologies if its not what you wanted to hear, but imagine how many "online store" enquiries the brands get and the difficulty it is in the online space these days and you'll see why they demand a physical store (and probably that's just the start of requirements)

Advertisement