Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone throwing a bid on Gene ireland bulls?

Options
  • 02-04-2014 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

i see there is a tender process open till 10th of this month

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

if we get a chance going too look at zyh, saw him before at home in cork, would like to see how he has done since.hes not back in tully yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

leg wax wrote: »
    if we get a chance going too look at zyh, saw him before at home in cork, would like to see how he has done since.hes not back in tully yet.

you abandon the notion of dairying ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

you abandon the notion of dairying ?

no i just am going to wait another year to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

leg wax wrote: »

I dont think they're going back to Tully Legs.

Deadline for bids is the 11th. If there are no bids the bull is for the hook AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

"Purchasing will be by a tender process, with all tenders to be submitted in writing to Francis Kearney, ICBF, Highfi eld House, Bandon, Co Cork, by Friday 11 April at 5pm. A minimum of €2,500 reserve price has been placed on each bull."

http://www.icbf.com/?p=1778

http://www.icbf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2903FJ1_27N.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

i see there is a tender process open till 10th of this month

Only concern I would have is accuracy of numbers is there an open day to view them or do icbf expect bids based on photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Why a tender process?
    Are they afriad that they will only get low bids at an auction? Would be embarrassing for GeneIreland if they did, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Why a tender process?
    Are they afriad that they will only get low bids at an auction? Would be embarrassing for GeneIreland if they did, I suppose.

Good point although I'm sure icbf would disagree. Sounds like the way icbf numbers are prepared in darkened rooms with low reliability data

Advertisement