Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friesan breeding bulls

Options
  • 02-04-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm seeing an awful lot of young fr bulls for breeding on donedeal which tbh look fairly average. Is there really that much demand for them considering the quality available from AI bulls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Nick64 wrote: »
    I'm seeing an awful lot of young fr bulls for breeding on donedeal which tbh look fairly average. Is there really that much demand for them considering the quality available from AI bulls?

Like good cows ,good bulls will always sell .are u looking for obe by any chance.i have a few nice Axn and lhz bulls with ebi to 286.14 months old and pbr.genomically tested by pg last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭TEAT SQUEEZER

Sounds to me that op is in the same boat as yourself mahoney j .... did you try any of the bull sales with some .

Sounds to me that op is in the same boat as yourself mahoney j .... did you try any of the bull sales with some .

Nope,havnt the time to be grooming them and halter training them.will sell them through word of mouth ,done deal and add in local mart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Change the name to free friesan bulls and they'll be gone like hot cakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nick64

Ha no the burdisso is in good working order but I have had a few over the years that I never bothered with was always under the impression bulls had to be halter trained etc to sell. All ai used here btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭mf240

What do you think of the axn s mahoney_j I have a couple of yearling heifers and they are not that nice to look at IMO

I have some ztg calves and there are smashers altogether. Sorry for changing the subject.

mf240 wrote: »
    What do you think of the axn s mahoney_j I have a couple of yearling heifers and they are not that nice to look at IMO

I have some ztg calves and there are smashers altogether. Sorry for changing the subject.

First Axn going to be bulled in a few weeks,cracking looking heifers hopefully that rings through next feb.have ztg calves on ground this spring,expecting big things from these as they have a nice mix of milk,solids and fertility..it's a pity a lot of the Oman x Goldwyn have fell away on ebi as I thought their ebi would go up for bulls like Axn but instead have gone down

Advertisement