Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New travel pass.

Options
  • 02-04-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

Has the old type travel pass been replaced with new credit card style one?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, though apparently you still have to carry the cardboard pass (the permit, not the thing with the photo) as well which rather spoils the effect!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭A.J.Plumb

looksee wrote: »
    Yes, though apparently you still have to carry the cardboard pass (the permit, not the thing with the photo) as well which rather spoils the effect!

You sure about that..I think you could(however unlikely) be incorrect ?

A.J.Plumb wrote: »
    You sure about that..I think you could(however unlikely) be incorrect ?

If you live in certain parts of the country you need a picture card as well as the original document/card that is sent to you. I went in to get my card converted to a picture card (like a credit card thing) and the counter clerk told me I should carry the original document as well as the new card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

If you live in certain parts of the country you need a picture card as well as the original document/card that is sent to you. I went in to get my card converted to a picture card (like a credit card thing) and the counter clerk told me I should carry the original document as well as the new card.

Why on earth do they make it so inconvenient and awkward?

I've no idea Jellybaby, though I appreciate the pass :-) It probably isn't really necessary to carry the other card as well, I haven't used it yet, but a good idea to keep it in case the photo card gets lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I've no idea Jellybaby, though I appreciate the pass :-) It probably isn't really necessary to carry the other card as well, I haven't used it yet, but a good idea to keep it in case the photo card gets lost.

Begs the question.....what if you lose the original document as well? :D

Well yes, it does seem to be a no-win situation!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭A.J.Plumb

So you get a nice neat credit card sized pass with your picture on it.....and you still have to carry the cumbersome paper pass?
    Yeah the whole thing is so ludicrous it probably is true!.
    Civil service an all that..

Yes, just checked - printed in red capitals across the middle of the credit card pass - NOT VALID WITHOUT PASS

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Yes, just checked - printed in red capitals across the middle of the credit card pass - NOT VALID WITHOUT PASS

I have the new pass, nowhere on my pass does it say that. In fact I had to return my old one on validation. It says ft + 1 at the top, meaning free travel for bearer + spouse, etc.
    I have been using it since February with no problems

• Advertisement

Alkev, I think what you have is the new Public Services card - I am only going tomorrow to see about getting one of those, probably because my surname is at the end of the alphabet :-)

I have no idea why I would have been issued a 'new' card that is going to be superseded by an even newer card, but that is what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Alkev, I think what you have is the new Public Services card - I am only going tomorrow to see about getting one of those, probably because my surname is at the end of the alphabet :-)

I have no idea why I would have been issued a 'new' card that is going to be superseded by an even newer card, but that is what I have.

As yes, i thought it was something like that, I agree it is crazy but typical!!

Advertisement