Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Rescue Centre collectors outside Penneys, are they genuine?

Options
  • 02-04-2014 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

As it says in the title really. I saw 2 guys collecting for it outside Penneys this morning and I've never heard of any centre other than Limerick Animal Rescue. I'd hate to think somebody might be scamming people who think they're donating to LAW. I couldn't see any specific area listed on their signs either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

As it says in the title really. I saw 2 guys collecting for it outside Penneys this morning and I've never heard of any centre other than Limerick Animal Rescue. I'd hate to think somebody might be scamming people who think they're donating to LAW. I couldn't see any specific area listed on their signs either.

They could be genuine, ring Henry St, see if they have a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Afaik, all collectors are obliged to have identification on them while collecting. If genuine, they will have no problem showing it on request.

Advertisement