Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

information on R.I.C. policeman / barracks in Annagh, Glenfearn, Co. Leitrim

Options
  • 02-04-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello all,

(Hope I'm posting this in the correct area, if not feel free to move it to a better spot Mods - especially if you think it might get more views/attention.)

I'm researching a man, from Bonniconlon, Co. Mayo - Constable Martin McKenzie, who joined the R.I.C. and was stationed at Annagh, Glenfearn, Co.Leitrim. He was with the R.I.C. for 11 months before he volunteered for the Inniskilling Fusiliers, serving in the 2nd Bn.

He was KIA on 18/Sep/1917 and is buried in Belgium.

I only recenty came across his Obituary, which mentioned his time in the RIC and being stationed in Annagh.

So, I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance here. I'm ok with his military service around the time of hie death, but I have nothing on his RIC service or when he actually joined up with the army.

Are there RIC records of any type available online?

Also, where is/was the RIC Barracks in Annagh/Glenfearn?... any history or information would be great.

Many thanks,
    Andy

Comments

Advertisement