Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mummified calf

Options
  • 02-04-2014 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I had a cow due to calf in late January nothing happened so I called the vet
    and he told me she had a mummy in her. he gave her a shot of prosolvin and she cycled and I delivered the mummy(about the length of my forearm). Since then she has cycled once and I was wondering what lads think should i serve her or should I get rid of her. She had her first calf in jan 2013 and she is a hell of a cow but she was served 4 times before she held even as a heifer. on the mummy she held first time. Opinions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

royalmeath wrote: »
    I had a cow due to calf in late January nothing happened so I called the vet
    and he told me she had a mummy in her. he gave her a shot of prosolvin and she cycled and I delivered the mummy(about the length of my forearm). Since then she has cycled once and I was wondering what lads think should i serve her or should I get rid of her. She had her first calf in jan 2013 and she is a hell of a cow but she was served 4 times before she held even as a heifer. on the mummy she held first time. Opinions would be appreciated.

Best place is the meat hook unfortunately .the fact she was served 4 times as a heifer before she held is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

we had a pb angus did similar , she went in calf ok next time

Advertisement