Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I repeat both 5th year and 6th year??

Options
  • 02-04-2014 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I have done 5th year but have been out of school for 6th year due to illness (I started 6th year in September but from November on i have been out) so i know i will have to repeat 6th year...

I have doctor's notes and certificates explaining my absenteeism

I'm just wondering... because i have only 60-70% of the courses covered and some of the courses change, should i go back and repeat 5th year or would a school allow that? :confused:

I should also add that I now know what I want to study in college but don't have the required subjects so I would also have to change/take up subjects

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Some institutions get the course done within one school year. You should attend a private or semi-private, that take 'repeats' (students in 6th cover the same course, all over again). I'd recommend repeating 6th year if you're inclined to do so. You are eligible to take up new subjects in most 'repeat' courses, and would require a lot of work throughout the year - achievable, nevertheless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The educational businesses will let you repeat as many years as you want as long as you are paying. In a DES funded school, you would probably only be allowed repeat the one you have the medical certs for, as the school would receive no funding or allowances for you if you have already got your allowed number of years.

Advertisement