Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton

Options
  • 02-04-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hey not sure if many here play badminton but i need help with my smash defence. can any one give me any advice, tips, or drills i could do to improve, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vee_dubber

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Hi Vee Dubber

Check out Lee Jae Bok on youtube - he has some very good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIOpQju_9_w

I'll be the first to admit that I am not the best in the world at getting smashes back but here are some tips from my own experience...
    1. Move up the court - most people defend from too deep
    2. Bend your knees and get down low with the racket well out in front of you and centred so you can defend both sides.
    3. Focus on taking the shuttle in front of you
    4. Don't Panic & relax your grip on the racket. A lot of players tense up and just end up swinging wildly at the shuttle being forced into aimlessly clearing the shuttle again and again. You have more time than you think!
    5. Concentrate - might seem obvious but a lot of people lose concentration and revert back to old habits like dropping the racket or favouring one side or whatever your own bad habits are. Sometimes I have to stop myself during a games and ask myself am I really concentrating and usually I am not. When you really stop and think about what your doing it makes the world of difference.
    I hope this is of some help to you. Best of luck.

Advertisement