Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Technology

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I have my music practical next week and I am doing music tech but my teacher doesn't really know what shes talking about and Im starting to get worried! Would anyone be able to answer these questions? Thanks!

Does the piece you input have to be of a certain difficultly? One of mine is painfully easy, just crotchets and minums.

Does the examiner chose which of your two pieces you have to input?

Do you have to edit the piece you don't input or the one you do input?

What are some suitable explanations for your edits? Can you just say for example to make it louder?
    And what types of edits are suitable? At the moment mine are changing p to f, removing accents and adding a cresc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Okay, I'm assumin your doing tech as half of HL performing elective, so play 4 + tech.
    Firstly, you only need one piece, so pick one and get really good at it.
    Yes, the music does need to be of a certain standard. It must be a four part score and have a minimum of 16 bars. I may very well be wrong but I don't think there's any restriction on difficulty after that.
    You tell the examiner the piece you will input. You input about 12 bars or track 1, 10 of track 2, 8 of 3 and 4 of 4. You have about 8 minutes to this (the other 2 are for demonstrating print and saving/retrieving).
    Edits must make musical sense. Yours sound fine, eg mine were change key, change tempo and add dynamics. Once again you tell the examiner what you are doing (well they're on your form)
    Hope any of this info is of any good to you :) , had my music practical today and did tech, used Badinerie by Bach and my 3 edits mentioned above!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tianna

My pieces are just piano pieces so I will have to change them I guess :/ Thank you so much, you cleared a lot of things up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Alqua

Hi OP,

Arranging piano pieces may end up a lot of work for you!
    If you use something like this: http://www.scoreexchange.com/scores/62549.html (string quartet piece) the layout will be much clearer and easier for you to input.
    Best of luck! :)

Edit: Noticed that piece is very basic - but something else from that website may be useful, as long as it's in four parts. Also you can do your edits on your saved piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tianna

That's really helpful, thank you! :)

Advertisement