Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new Ifor Williams in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 01-04-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    Hoping ye could help me. As the title suggests if I buy a new Ifor Williams from a main dealer in the North do I have to pay any vrt/vat or import duty for it in Ireland. Have heard from different people that you have to pay duty on it when you import it into Ireland. All help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

You have to pay the vat. No vrt on a trailer.
    Go the whole hog and get a porter. Stronger by far and he can add in any spec when making

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

satstheway wrote: »
    You have to pay the vat. No vrt on a trailer.
    Go the whole hog and get a porter. Stronger by far and he can add in any spec when making

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I buy it in the north I pay the total including 20% uk vat to the dealer and then I have to pay 23% vat to revenue. Is that right. On what value would I pay the 23% irish vat rate. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I buy it in the north I pay the total including 20% uk vat to the dealer and then I have to pay 23% vat to revenue. Is that right. On what value would I pay the 23% irish vat rate. Thanks again.

No if you pay vat in NI you just hitch it up and bring it down.

Advertisement