Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on a video please

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:58pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend did this promo video and wants some input on if its any good or some brief points on how to improve. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Well I might as well be the one to say it; audio?

Sounds like it was recorded with quite a poor on-camera mic. With this kind of static presentation style video, using a good mic should be the priority.

Also, the audio cuts to one channel after the first clip.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yes I did notice that and I said it to him - seems to be one speaker only. hopefully he can fix it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

yeah the audio isn't great at all, and cant really be fixed in post, it would need to be re-shot.
    maybe use either a boom mic (from above) or a lavalier mic, a digital recorder (something like a Sony ICD-PX) sync up with the video in post, would do much better.

Also the talent needs to probably rehearse a bit to get a better rhythm to the delivery, some of the pauses are too long.

varying the angle wouldn't be a bad idea either, and I'd prefer to see the talent framed using the rule of thirds ie not right in the centre of the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Have more cover shots of the product

Reshoot with a better audio recorder

Make sure you have a clapper to sync up

The pause at the start before he starts, have him go straight into it.

Condense the explanations of it so you have a shorter video, people probably wont watch the full 4 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The problem I would have with the video is that it's a bit like a brochure being read out, it's not taking advantage of film media and doesn't seem to have much information that wouldn't be easier to take in by reading literature.

I'd show more of the installation and people walking over it, if the product undergoes any testing I'd show that too.

This is being sold to commercial premises, the people buying aren't going to want to sit through a video of someone reading the brochure that's in front of them, the video has to show them things that the print media can't. Show close up of how the product fits together (not pictures that are already in the brochure) what about it makes it great, throw crap on it, show how it's cleaned and how easy your guys can install it without disturbing customers.

There's no need to cut away from showing the product to show the speaker talking about it either, you're just adding unnecessary time to the overall length of the video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

I agree with all of the above.

My own thing when watching it was it was fairly dull. He spoke too slowly in a monotonous tone, and sometimes felt like he was struggling to finish a sentence. The backdrop tied in with that exacerbates the issue, so maybe a less texty backdrop?? All in all, just could do with a bit of livening up...pick up the pace, maybe a hint of music dropped in here or there. Also agree with shortening the clip, and picking up the pace would help with that :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers, guys, I fed all that back and he's going to work on another one. Cheers for the help!

Advertisement