Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest fall from grace?

Options
  • 01-04-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

After the threads about the millionaires club and the 100k club I'm wondering what's the biggest disparity people have suffered from one week to the next?

What with Toure, Hazard, Cahill, Sturridge, Lukaku, Gerrard and Coleman all misfiring I've just gone from a game week ranking of 65,515 in Gameweek 31 to a Gameweek ranking of 2,454,493 in Gameweek 32. Has anyone suffered a bigger fall from grace?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

GW ranking is hardly a fall from grace most people will have a 2.4m GW ranking drop at some point in the season. If it was overall rank then that would be impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

It's more how quickly you can fall from the 100k club to the double millionaires club with the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Didnt make any changes to my team and went from 78,818(GW31) to 2,342,568(GW32)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

28k in GW31, practically the same team in GW32 and was 2.2m

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The guy who was ranked 1st last week finished 2.3m this week

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

The guy who was ranked 1st last week finished 2.3m this week

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

The standard is better this year, one bad week and youll fall quick! id say theres more lads taking it serious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

kevthegaff wrote: »
    The standard is better this year, one bad week and youll fall quick! id say theres more lads taking it serious
    Yeah I agree. I'm taking it a bout as serious as last few years and am finding it harder to climb the rankings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

kevthegaff wrote: »

Certainly seems to be. I remember when the only places online that talked strat were really FFS and Fiso now there seems to be loads now everyone starts with a budget rotating defence and the right heavy hitters and isn't just picking their favourite players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

A better fall from grace discussion would be comparing where you are this year compared to where you finished last year i.e. somebody who finished top 50 last year is now down around the 500k mark

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A better fall from grace discussion would be comparing where you are this year compared to where you finished last year i.e. somebody who finished top 50 last year is now down around the 500k mark

Anyone in particular in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anyone in particular in mind?

I finished 5k last year, struggling to get inside top 200k this year. Not really a fall from grace, as last year bucked the trend for me.
    I'm sure there are a few others on here too that are having shocking a year this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm hardly prolific at the game, its only my 3rd or even 2nd season taking the game seriously really. Finished 11k in 2012. 58k last year but I missed 2 months travelling in Feb and March and now this season I'm currently at 206k in what is probably my most active year :pac:

It's half down to ignoring Yaya, Ramsey and Studge but I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that's the only reason. The way I play the game is trying to get in differentials and gambling that a players form will halt and having the next big player. This season the players that have scored well simply continue to score well whether without anybody to rival or pose questions to owners. Imagine if Walcott, Mata, Ozil or even Kagawa or Michu were scoring points like they could/should. Not to mention no Bale either. That's just midfield, imagine if Aguero was fit all season, Chelsea had an actual forward.

A lot of people this week bemoaning a bad week last weekend when I had one of my better weeks. Silva outscored Yaya, Rooney outscored Sturridge and Henderson outscored Gerrard.

I've paid the price this season but the hope is it's an anomaly. I'm stubborn and thats a flaw which has resulted in making me look very foolish this year. Still time to regain some element of respectability though even if it's tough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm hardly prolific at the game, its only my 3rd or even 2nd season taking the game seriously really. Finished 11k in 2012. 58k last year but I missed 2 months travelling in Feb and March and now this season I'm currently at 206k in what is probably my most active year :pac:

It's half down to ignoring Yaya, Ramsey and Studge but I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that's the only reason. The way I play the game is trying to get in differentials and gambling that a players form will halt and having the next big player. This season the players that have scored well simply continue to score well whether without anybody to rival or pose questions to owners. Imagine if Walcott, Mata, Ozil or even Kagawa or Michu were scoring points like they could/should. Not to mention no Bale either. That's just midfield, imagine if Aguero was fit all season, Chelsea had an actual forward.

A lot of people this week bemoaning a bad week last weekend when I had one of my better weeks. Silva outscored Yaya, Rooney outscored Sturridge and Henderson outscored Gerrard.

I've paid the price this season but the hope is it's an anomaly. I'm stubborn and thats a flaw which has resulted in making me look very foolish this year. Still time to regain some element of respectability though even if it's tough

Yeah, but if they were scoring well all season, they'd be owned by more managers and hence no longer differentials.
    Seeking a team of differentials is a bad move. What you need is a team of form players plus 1 differential to try and stay above the rest. There's a reason why the dream team generally changes so little season on season. The top players this season will likely feature strongly again next barring sale or injury.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/10633/history/

Ulrik Nylund the most ridiculous player in FPL history. Just outside the Top 50k wouldn't be the end of the world for anyone else but this guy is just unreal his 2nd worst ranking in 7 seasons is 2019th wtf who does that!!

Last years winner was struggling outside the top 500k for the first ten weeks or so he is back in the top 400 now though decent defence of the title!

Found a couple more:

Chris Ward 07/08 34th, 08/09 739th, 09/10 113,620
    Martin Peacock 08/09 41st, 09/10 134,920

You would just feel like you used up all your luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I know the lad who got 3rd in this a few years back but hasn't done anything since. Said he lost all interest once he realised he would never beat his score again, coupled with the fact that he became obsessive about it the year he did really well. My brother finished 200th the same year and followed the exact same route.

Can see why this happens - if I was in the top 100 I would be over analysing every single move and taking it far too seriously. As it is I don't care whether I finish in the top 2k or 9,999. Once I beat my main rival, do well in the other cash leagues and finish in the top 10k I'm happy. If there's a chance I could crack the top 1k I'll focus a bit more but it's easy to invest far too much time into this. For that reason I'm hoping to finish between 1k -3k. Will keep me interested for next year! Would be nice to crack the top 1k though, but I could see myself losing interest if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's half down to ignoring Yaya, Ramsey and Studge but I'm not arrogant enough to suggest that's the only reason. The way I play the game is trying to get in differentials and gambling that a players form will halt and having the next big player. This season the players that have scored well simply continue to score well whether without anybody to rival or pose questions to owners.

I would play the game very similar to yourself Mr P. Ive had 3 top 8k finishes the last 4 years but wont be happening this year currently 35k. I finally admitted defeat and got in yaya 3 wks ago. The logic I apply to this game has backfired on me this year but like yourself I prefer to predict when I think a players form will take off and dry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

This season:

Gameweek 26 77 31,236
    Gameweek 27 38 2,587,363

Same squad both weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

15,000 two years ago and 3,000 last year. Struggling to keep inside top 100,000 this season and way off the money in private leagues. First season ever I'll win no money. Another season like this next year and that'll be me done with FF I'd say. Got no enjoyment from it this season from week 4 onwards. It was a struggle week after week and one bad decision after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

on a great run since the turn of the year but sadly too little
    too late to win my league being 61+83 behind the top 2
    money for third but feck all (48ahead of4th)
    pretty sure 40k is the highest ive been ever in my 3 years playing
    amazing the difference having erikson made alone

qs8dbk.jpg

G1032 wrote: »
    15,000 two years ago and 3,000 last year. Struggling to keep inside top 100,000 this season and way off the money in private leagues. First season ever I'll win no money. Another season like this next year and that'll be me done with FF I'd say. Got no enjoyment from it this season from week 4 onwards. It was a struggle week after week and one bad decision after another.

Same last few years I have been 949th, another top 10k and a 12k and this year I feel like i'm struggling to tread water! Thought having my WC for the DGW on was going to make the difference but nope! Hopefully this DGW I can make up some ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

GW 19: Top 55K
    GW 20: Top 80K
    GW 21: outside 1,000,000

back-to-back 100K clubs (was actually 3 in 4 GW's) followed by a millionaire's club this season. Haven't been in the top 100K in a GW since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    on a great run since the turn of the year but sadly too little
    too late to win my league being 61+83 behind the top 2
    money for third but feck all (48ahead of4th)
    pretty sure 40k is the highest ive been ever in my 3 years playing
    amazing the difference having erikson made alone

qs8dbk.jpg

5 to play and highest postition ever, cant see that falling
    much with yaya suar dimic ivan and gerrard to play
    another great gameweek thanks to speroni and puncheon
    id love to know where id be overall from the start of the year

21e3io9.jpg

seems i had one good year in the past id forgot about so now im
    at my highest ever

15sa53n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bump!

GW - GW pts - GW Rank

GW 14 - 92 - 2,229
    GW 15 - 23 - 2,983,220

And no transfers in between! Top 3k to 3m in a few days with the same team, now that's a fall from grace!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

8-10 wrote: »
    Bump!

GW - GW pts - GW Rank

GW 14 - 92 - 2,229
    GW 15 - 23 - 2,983,220

And no transfers in between! Top 3k to 3m in a few days with the same team, now that's a fall from grace!

18k to 2.6 million myself with no transfers. Glad to have the 2 this gw tho

Had this in UFPL keep in mind only 20kish play!

GW8 17
    GW9 15,509

then

GW11 17
    GW12 16,206

Advertisement