Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using vat number

Options
  • 01-04-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭

hi, i am forever using the oul lads vat no. to buy stuff up the north, uk ebay etc. paying 23% vat down here is against my religion!
    can anyone tell me is a record kept in uk customs only, or is it also in irish customs? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bikes

a friend of mine used his old vat number to buy a van up north ,about a year later he got a bill from the irish revenue for the vat

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harry molloy

Maybe you should pay the vat? No tax payers equals no hospitals, no roads, no schools, no sfp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rocky bilboa

yes, had a vat audit a few years ago and auditor had a list of all eu transactions I made going back a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

There is a system called VIES VAT Information Exchange System http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/businesses/vies-intrastat.html

They will have all the details of sales under the number.

Advertisement