Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle against suicide v Giro.

Options
  • 01-04-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I know there are separate threads for each event here so forgive me, but the CAS and the Giro follow pretty much the same route on the final day. With the Giro leaving Armagh at 11.45 and CAS leaving Dundalk at 10 ish.... So what happens when the CAS group are caught somewhere around Balbriggan/Skerries area area do we just wave to the helicopter overhead :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

moonshadow wrote: »
    the CAS and the Giro follow pretty much the same route on the final day.

:eek:
    That sounds like insane planning.

I'd be very surprised if they dont change the CAS. Surely they cannot risk having CAS riders spread around the latter stages of the Giro route? That is a recipe for a farce, if not disaster......

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    :eek:
    That sounds like insane planning.

I'd be very surprised if they dont change the CAS. Surely they cannot risk having CAS riders spread around the latter stages of the Giro route? That is a recipe for a farce, if not disaster......

If they time it right it could be some great publicity though. All the orange jerseys lined up along the side of the road, could stretch some distance that day.
    I am a bit gutted though, i had in my head that the giro stage finishing in dublin was the day after the CAS leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

The Giro is on closed roads. That includes cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

AFAIK CAS are/were liaising with the Giro people about this.. Don't know how this will work for the final day though. Jim Breen was on 2FM a little while ago and mentioned it, interesting to see how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

It was via my local newspaper the Drogheda independant that I copped it as it was raised at a council meeting , CaS met once but not since , it also mentioned a meeting in the Boyne valley hotel to raise the profile locally prior to the giro passing by, no link as its an early edition, sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement