Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from the Google Play Store

Options
  • 01-04-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Just want to let people know that Ulster Bank has some sort of security block on the Google Play Store.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with them about it not accepting my card. The guy from UB hadn't the first clue how to handle the problem and ended up putting me onto the wrong department.

I rang Google and they told me that the Bank won't authorise the transaction.

Ulster Bank was quite unhelpful and I've had this problem before so I don't know why I was surprised this time around.

The Bank of Ireland Debit Card works no problem.

So if anyone has had trouble trying to buy stuff with the UBDC, you're better off buying with a different DC!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Try ringing the fraud helpline of UB as I had to do,said there was nothing wrong but hey presto transaction went through next time I tried 2mins after I ended call.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Must be something new. I've never gad a problem with my Ulster bank card. Used it over weekend on Google Play

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AilishNi

dahat wrote: »
    Try ringing the fraud helpline of UB as I had to do,said there was nothing wrong but hey presto transaction went through next time I tried 2mins after I ended call.

To be honest, the bank is a complete joke. They have to be one of the worst banks when it comes to technical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

AilishNi wrote: »
    To be honest, the bank is a complete joke. They have to be one of the worst banks when it comes to technical problems.

Now is your time to change, ptsb are handy, c-card phone-line (01 2124000) open until 10pm,Mon-Fri and 10-1 on Sat.Just a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I haven't had any trouble with my card either, haven't bought anything this week though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

My Ulster Bank Debit card payment went thru there for €1.99 no probs

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've never had problems using my UB debit card either on the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

5starpool wrote: »
    I've never had problems using my UB debit card either on the play store.

+1

Advertisement