Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how should i go about asking her out on a date??

Options
  • 01-04-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone. I'm looking for advice on something. girls and guys are welcome to comment on this. I had a meeting in a bank last week regarding a mortgage application. The lady i met with,who worked for the bank was the same age as myself (30) and was both single and beautiful. She seemed a really chatty person and the conversation was very easy going. i.e we were able to have the craic in between talking serious. She gave me her card on the way out the door and told me to contact her if i had any more queries. The card has her personal email add on it. Its 5 days ago now and i've been contemplating sending her an email asking her if she'd like to go out for a drink with me! So...i want to hear from all the ladies on this one... if it was you in her shoes, would you find it weird if some randomer emailed you like that? the other thing is... how the f**k do i go about breaking the ice and where do i start with the email? I really want to do this & i know ill regret it if i dont coz after all...ive nothing to loose as ill probably never see her again(unless of course she says yes). Thinking of emailing her tonight so some tips/ advice would be much appreciated ASAP ..HELP!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

tallguy31 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for advice on something. girls and guys are welcome to comment on this. I had a meeting in a bank last week regarding a mortgage application. The lady i met with,who worked for the bank was the same age as myself (30) and was both single and beautiful. She seemed a really chatty person and the conversation was very easy going. i.e we were able to have the craic in between talking serious. She gave me her card on the way out the door and told me to contact her if i had any more queries. The card has her personal email add on it. Its 5 days ago now and i've been contemplating sending her an email asking her if she'd like to go out for a drink with me! So...i want to hear from all the ladies on this one... if it was you in her shoes, would you find it weird if some randomer emailed you like that? the other thing is... how the f**k do i go about breaking the ice and where do i start with the email? I really want to do this & i know ill regret it if i dont coz after all...ive nothing to loose as ill probably never see her again(unless of course she says yes). Thinking of emailing her tonight so some tips/ advice would be much appreciated ASAP ..HELP!! icon_rolleyes.gif

carpe diem!!
    Fair play go for it,as long as it doesnt affect the mortgage .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tallguy31

Thanks for the reply...i'm defo going to go for it but just have no idea how to start the email. I think its because i'm only a few months out of a very long relationship and i'm not used to the whole dating thing. Carpe diem indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Hey OP,

If you're going to be a regular client of hers / doing work with her in some fashion down the line, I'd advise against it. I'm trying to envisage a scenario where a client / work contact of mine who I'd be working with professionally in some capacity asked me out and I was comfortable with that line being crossed and I can't think of one...I think even if I wanted to I'd feel like it would affect my professional integrity.

If not though, go for it. Keep it light-hearted, upbeat and brief - don't draw out how gorgeous you think she was or anything, just straight to the point. You thought she was great and would love to chat more in a less formal setting - could you take her for a drink sometime?

It's always flattering for a girl to be asked out, and if there was a genuine spark there and your paths won't be crossing again in a professional capacity - I'd say you're in there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Of course go for it. I have had a mortgage for twenty odd years and never met the same person twice in the bank.

I wouldn't let it go much longer before emailing her. it is a long time since I was in the dating scene but I think I would say something along the lines of "remember me" and follow up with some jokey reference from your conversation and say you enjoyed the chat and would she like to meet for dinner/drink sometime.

If she says no, it is still better for you as you wont be thinking "if only..."

Thanx Beks :-) Appreciate it! I really connot see our paths crossing again (professionally) to be honest. The bank she works in isnt even a bank i use. I own my own business though and i see exactly where you're coming from and if it was to have any impact on my business relationship with someone i defo wouldn't chance it! Thanx again :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I really think you should just go for it dude :) it's one of those things where you should just take your chance and see what happens :) good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

tallguy31 wrote: »
    She seemed a really chatty person and the conversation was very easy going. i.e we were able to have the craic in between talking serious. She gave me her card on the way out the door and told me to contact her if i had any more queries. The card has her personal email add on it.

She was chatty and friendly with you because she wants you to take out a mortgage with her bank.

Did her business card have her personal email (eg ['MsANOther@gmail.com') or did it have her personalised work email on it (eg 'ANOther@bank.ie')? If it is the latter then she was just being professional by telling you to contact her if you have any further queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭bluemagpie

Highly likely she was just doing her job being chatty and friendly, most people do the same in their job to make it a bit more pleasant rather than just running through the motions, and especially given that her job is in sales. All bank officials in that area will give you their card with their own email address in that situation as well.

That said if you're not planning to go back to her professionally and you got a hint of something more, sure why not ask, it's only an email, keep it short, say who you are, when you met her, that you enjoyed chatting to her, ask if she'd like to meet you for a drink and give her your phone number. If she doesn't reply well then you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'd echo the above. Carpe diem. This isn't a dress rehearsal and regrets should never exist in anybodies life. Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭heretochat

This echos another thread that was posted here recently (girl in coffee shop)

I will say the same as I said in response to that thread - how do you know she is single?

I would also be of the opinion that she was being polite and chatty as she was doing her job and trying to secure business for her bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Email her and say thanks for her help and it was nice meeting and chatting with her.

If she responds, then that's when you say you'ld like to meet her for a coffee or a drink sometime.

See how she responds to that and if you feel it's positive then you suggest a date / time / place.

If she says yes then you say "great, then it's a date!"

If she says no then you've lost nothing.

Go for it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

just be sure to make it clear that it is not a business/professional meeting and that it is actually a date.;)

Rooting for you here

Advertisement