Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what price is clover to buy?

Options
  • 01-04-2014 6:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

what price is clover to buy by itself and how big would that bag be.

was thinking of stiching in a bit of clover in a few reseeds done last year.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think it's about €10 /kg but if you were buying lots of it try cotswoldseeds

https://www.cotswoldseeds.com/seed-info/white-clover-grazing-leys

I see it's roughly £10 a kg there! Let me know if you buy it there, I get kale there and we might be able to work out something on the shipping.

Found this since
    http://www.seeddirect.ie/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2&category_id=3&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Starts at €8/ kg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Would be slow to stitch in clover at the price it costs. Not as sucessfull as it is made out to be.

Blue why were you going to cotwolts for kale seed....just being nosy

Used to be less than half the price I could get it for here, I was in reps and one of my measures was clover. So by buying clover and kale I was getting good value on the shipping as it cost the same to send over 5kg as 20kg by courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭manjou

blue5000 wrote: »
    Used to be less than half the price I could get it for here, I was in reps and one of my measures was clover. So by buying clover and kale I was getting good value on the shipping as it cost the same to send over 5kg as 20kg by courier.
    Have you used any other of there mixtures to reseed ground.

manjou wrote: »
    Have you used any other of there mixtures to reseed ground.

No just clover and kale from them. Was thinking of getting red clover and mix it with italian for short term silage ley, but barley is going in again this year. Might do it in autumn after the barley if conditions are right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement