Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to mechanical mods - newbie help!

Options
  • 01-04-2014 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After a long wait my Nemesis mechanical mod arrived from Fasttech today. I also got 3.6V batteries and a kick. The thing is, I have the battery charged, kick set up in the tube, but aren't getting any vapour at all :confused: I have a kanger protank II on top, is this compatible with the mech mod, or do I maybe need to get something else to sit on top? Running my itaste at 3.6V is still getting vapour, so I'm thinking the battery should be able to power it. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Do you have a link to the batteries you bought? 3.6V doesn't sound right at all...

Do you have a voltmeter or multimeter that you can use to check connections? Is the protank making contact with the pin on the nemesis? It screws up and down from the inside.

Try it without the kick and see if it works, you may need to sand the sides down.

When you say no vapour at all do you mean it's not firing or that vapour production is poor? If the latter then remember that you have to adjust the airflow on the top of the nemesis so that the 2 holes line up with the marks (necessary if the protank is flush with the top of the nemesis).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

These are the batteries, not firing at all.

I'll break out the multimeter and see how things look and get back to you.
    Checked with a multimeter, seems that the connection is all good. On top of that, having the kanger connected to just the top of the Nemesis I'm seeing that the resistance is reading good, so the connection there is good as well.

Cheers!

I took the kick out and things are going fine now! Guess I just need to look up how to properly set them up, but for the moment we're in business :D Cheers! The draw off this thing beats the itaste hands down. Had a few puffs there and felt like I'd just had an analogue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just a thought...but the kick was in the tube the right way up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Theres a ground pin on the side of the kick which needs to touch the side of the tube, it probably wasnt makong contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Theres a ground pin on the side of the kick which needs to touch the side of the tube, it probably wasnt makong contact.

The sides are so tight on the Nemesis that the pin really should've been touching it. A lot have issues with Kicks [or clones of] needing to be pared down at the sides just to fit in the tube.
    Did the Kick get pushed all the way to the top with the potentiometer facing the atty like it should be? And the wattage dialed up?

grindle wrote: »
    The sides are so tight on the Nemesis that the pin really should've been touching it. A lot have issues with Kicks [or clones of] needing to be pared down at the sides just to fit in the tube.
    Did the Kick get pushed all the way to the top with the potentiometer facing the atty like it should be? And the wattage dialed up?

Dont have any experience with the nemesis myself so you're probably right.

If the pot was facing the right way like grindle said, perhaps the 510 pin is a little too high and needs to be pushed down to make contact with the kicks top pin.Or maybr it wasn't pushed up all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

The cloned kicks only take coil resistances of 1.5 ohm and above

Cheers for the replies lads.

On the kick, there's a grounding nub on the side that's spring mounted, so definitely making contact. I wind my own coils, they come in about 1.9 ohms.

Really not sure what's the issue, as I said earlier, I'm getting current all the way through. I reckon I just need to spend time fiddling with it to get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

Try an extra wrap for 2+ohms, I may be wrong about the 1.5.

I got one from slow tech to fiddle with and thought it was broken, my coils are 0.8 (drippers) to 1.3 (tanks).

Someone elsewhere mentioned that slow tech clones only worked at higher ohms. I may have misremembered that they said 1.5. May have been 2.

• Advertisement

Can you hear the kick clicking when you fire it up?

Seems to be working fine now... I honestly can't say what I did differently, but hey, I'm not complaining! :pac:

Advertisement