Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Event, Superstars and Smackdown Spoilers for Mania Week

Options
  • 01-04-2014 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

From ProWrestling.Net:

Main Event

1. Sheamus defeated The Miz. They traded blows to start and it spilled outside the ring. They were clearly trying to make both men look good. Miz then had heavy offense, but Sheamus came back and hit the Brogue Kick for the win. It was a good match and the crowd was into it.

2. Tamina beat Nikki Bella. A four-minute match that was nothing to talk about. Tamina won clean. This concluded the Main Event taping. They are setting up for Smackdown now (details on the main page).

Superstars

1. Heath Slater (w/Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal) beat Kofi Kingston. Kofi Kingston was first one out. 3MB crew out. The crowd loved Kofi. Lots of trading back and forth. Slater didn't want to fight, he changed his mind after the crowd booed. Slater got some offense. Kofi fought back but was distracted and lost. Yes, you read that right, Kingston lost to Slater. This concluded the Superstars taping. Main Event is up next (see the main page).

Smackdown

Hulk Hogan came out to a nice pop and pandered a bit. He spoke about WreslteMania moments and tried to hype the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal...

1. Dolph Ziggler beat Titus O'Neil.

2. The Real Americans (w/Zeb Colter) defeated Los Matadores. The Real Americans worked together and there was no bickering between them early on. They did some awesome tag combos, but they couldn't get the pin. They startef falling apart and Los Matadores got in some offense. Cesaro hit The Neutralizer for the win. The Real Americans appeared to be bickering as they left, and Kevin wrote that Colter actually slapped Cesaro. This concluded the Smackdown taping...

All recorded last night at the Raw taping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Kofi Lost to slater! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Bit weird watching Main Event in a half empty arena. Large parts of it are in black and some ringside seats are empty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bit weird watching Main Event in a half empty arena. Large parts of it are in black and some ringside seats are empty.

So ECW on Sci Fi :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kofi Lost to slater! :pac:

I can't believe it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rovert wrote: »
    So ECW on Sci Fi :p

Or TNA Impact tapings ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    I can't believe it.

what it's not like he beat the WWE champion around 2 months ago... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

what it's not like he beat the WWE champion around 2 months ago... :pac:
    Heath Slater, next #1 contender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ziggler vs O'Neal just flat out stunk.
    Lot of vids already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not much to these shows obviously. They haven't forgotten Cesaro's incoming babyface turn. The post Wrestlemania Raw seems to be the sweet spot timing wise in front of that smark/international crowd.

Mick Foley wrote this on Facebook too:
    A BOLD FOLEY PREDICTION

For those of you who did not see my #LegendsOfWrestlemania panel on #WWENetwork, or who were distracted by my awesome, custom made western themed Santa shirt, ot what appeared to be some prediction between me and Ric Flair – I made a bold prediction. As most of you know, I’ve been an outspoken advocate for Daniel Bryan, and I am going to stand by my belief that Daniel Bryan holding that WWE World Heavyweight Championship aloft while 75,000 strong chant “YES” is absoluitely what is best for business.

But, as huge as #Wrestlemania is, it is often the #RAW following #Mania that raises a deserving talent up a rung on the ladder to success – no easy feat in the competitive world of #WWE. I just get this FEELING that this Monday’s RAW is going to be that magic night for Antonio Cesaro.

If it wasn’t 5 am where I am, I’d go into more detail, but suffice to say, the unique atmosphere that always accompanies that post-Mania RAW – where fans from around the world state very loudly and proudly who it is they want to see, often serves as a harbinger of things to come. It’s just a hunch – no polling, or scientific data went into this prediction. But, like musician Phil Collins once sang, “I Can Feel it in the Air Tonight” uh, huh. Something tells me, we’re all going to feel it…and hear it, for Cesar on Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The highlight of the show was AJs promo vid & seeing Bret sell out again in his praise of the Hulkster. Tbf he was clearly phoning it in :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement