Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why did my ex add me

Options
  • 01-04-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

on facebook? not a big deal but the other morning I got a friend request from my ex on facebook...we actually get on quite well and theres no hard feelings between us..we were together 3 years but the relationship ran its course.

She has a new boyfriend since last month and im emigrating in 3 months. I've great time for the girl and can honestly say I wish her nothing but well.

So I decided to be civil id accept, a couple of hours later I was blocked by her so I text her and says what was up with that? Is everything okay? She said she didn't add me and she didn't know what to do so she blocked me then and I questioned her saying of all the millions of users in the world that facebook would randomly decide to add me as your friend.

Anyway I just said forget about it, and we both ended up apologising, she said she was a little bitchy and it was childish just to block me but she just panicked.

What im guessing is someone fraped her which she denies, she was creeping on my page and added me by mistake? Or someone has her password. Anyway just a little confusing.

We're on very good terms and I'll probably wish her well before I emigrate but am just confused about this thing? Anyone got any advice on the matter?Or am I thinking too much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sounds like her new BF had a problem with it and she removed you.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

RevRun wrote: »
    ...So I decided to be civil id accept, a couple of hours later I was blocked by her so I text her and says what was up with that? Is everything okay? She said she didn't add me and she didn't know what to do so she blocked me then and I questioned her saying of all the millions of users in the world that facebook would randomly decide to add me as your friend.

Anyway I just said forget about it, and we both ended up apologising, she said she was a little bitchy and it was childish just to block me but she just panicked.

I can think of a multitude of reasons - she could have been using the friend finder, she could have had a moment where she thought it was a good idea then felt her current boyfriend mightn't like it, she could have had a moment of nostalgia. Who knows.

But does it really matter? You say that you both wish each other the best and there's nothing between you now, and she's acknowledged it was childish to block you, so it doesn't really matter why she added you and deleted you. That's between her and....her basically. I wouldn't be giving it a moment's thought if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RevRun

ya I know just found it strange, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I requested my ex by accident twice - I was actually trying to find somebody in his friends' list, I can't remember what the reason was the second time: probably creeping around his photos or something. I thought I'd gotten away with it as I deleted requests immediately both times. I nearly died of embarrassment a few months later when we were on better terms and he told me the requests went to his email. I just shrugged it off - what difference did it make at the end of the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Katgurl wrote: »
    I requested my ex by accident twice - I was actually trying to find somebody in his friends' list, I can't remember what the reason was the second time: probably creeping around his photos or something. I thought I'd gotten away with it as I deleted requests immediately both times. I nearly died of embarrassment a few months later when we were on better terms and he told me the requests went to his email. I just shrugged it off - what difference did it make at the end of the day?

Just out of curiosity, how do you delete a friend request? I thought once you send a friend request that's it...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Just out of curiosity, how do you delete a friend request? I thought once you send a friend request that's it...?

If you click over where it says friend request sent you get the option in the drop down box to cancel it.

You can cancel the request, but I'm unsure as to whether this removes the notification the person receives?

Advertisement