Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settings For KUHN Spreader

Options
  • 01-04-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I am looking a buying the spreader -pictured attached- I believe that it is a KUHN but im not sure of the model, My problem is that I dont know anything about the settings / spreading rates?

Can anybody tell me the settings for example 3 bags to the acre? I'll be spreading CAN / Cut Swart etc..

Thanks

The Groom:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thegroom

Hi all

I have a quick update that might be of help I have identified the spreader as a Rauch ZSA 800, I hope that this make a difference.

Thanks

The groom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

god almighty how did it get painted those colours. that would have been a nice red when new.

re spreading. its very hard to tell you what to put it at. you will have to learn yourself. it depends what speed you are going. if I new your tractor I could tell you better maybe.

lets say you have a massey 188 then drive in first high at 2000 rpm then roughly 1/3 open would be one bag.
    1/2 open would be two bags.
    a bit more than half would be three bags.

try a field you know the acres and say its 3 acres. put three 50kg bags into the spinner and see if you have enough or have two much and adjust accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thegroom

Thanks for the quick reply, I've got a NH T6010 so setting speed and PTO speed won't be an issue, we had an old abbey for years so I'm struggling. From my checks I'd say 6-8 km/hr would be speed and 450 rpm would be fine. I checked the Kuhn website (controls & settings look similar) it mentions a setting of 24-26 for these speeds. I'm afraid that I could be mad wrong. I'll have to take your advise and plot out 1 acre and try with bags first!!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭valtraman

google rauch zsa calibration chart and you will find pdf instructions for your machine but I don't actually see the calibration chart . pto speed should be 540 when working to get the correct throw off the discs as to settings forward speed and width of spread will vary application rate at any given setting hugely and different fertilizers also vary a little in density and flow
    on the Kuhn branded machines settings are linear like set at 20 applies half what a setting of 40 puts out good luck spreading

Advertisement