Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolves to be reintroduced to Wicklow NP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Brilliant if true but the farmers will never allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Roy Batty

wasn't yesterday April 1st ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Is this true? I'm not gonna get my hopes up because I feel it would've been in the news by now if it were but I'll be delighted if it is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Yeah it's gotta be an April Fool's unfortunately, absolutely no news articles on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

it was quiet well done saying it was done in Yellow stone park successfully (which they have) then of course I realised they were comparing wicklow national park (2 valleys and a round tower) and yellowstone national park (8,983 km²).

almost believable until they had the sheep with studded neck collar thing and of course smelling of cologne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Brilliant if true but the farmers will never allow it.

Farmers need to man up and keep an eye out. Let the wolves be the wolves and the farmers be the farmers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Farmers need to man up and keep an eye out. Let the wolves be the wolves and the farmers be the farmers!

Easy to say when your not the one loosing livestock to wolves in this scenario. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Do you think there's anywhere they could actually be introduced in Ireland without the whole thing being a disaster for wolves or humans? Is there anywhere that has the space/isolation? The 11,000 hectares of 'wilderness' in the Nephins? Or would you have to then limit the amount of people going hiking etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Do you think there's anywhere they could actually be introduced in Ireland without the whole thing being a disaster for wolves or humans? Is there anywhere that has the space/isolation? The 11,000 hectares of 'wilderness' in the Nephins? Or would you have to then limit the amount of people going hiking etc?

I don't think they restrict hiking in anyway. Wolves aren't a threat to people. It just hard to locate one big patch of land with no sheep. Sheep are everywhere here. Maybe in the big area that is fenced in Glenveagh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement