Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! I keep losing connection for 10-20 secs

Options
  • 01-04-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have a Wimax connection as i live in a rural area and for some reason i drop connection randomly for 10 - 20 seconds. This usually wouldn't bother me, but as i am an avid gamer and i use banking and VOIP services, it causes my connection to those servers to disconnect. I have spoken to Cisco about my router settings and they are all correct, I have also checked all settings on my devices which also are correct. As it is not only my PC that disconnects, but my tablet, phone ,laptop and Xbox one, I know it is either the router or my ISP. I replaced my router with a very good one that cost around €300. What i would like to know is, has anyone else suffered the same issues and have they any ideas to try and fix the problem ? I have sent an email to my ISP but seeing as every time i phone them they say they are watching my connection and it is fine, I don't know what else i can do. So any suggestions or even any software that might track the connection and pinpoint where the issue is happening, would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Plug your computer directly to the cable from the modem/antenna and rule out any issues with your ISP. If you have problems when ruling out the router, them most likely it is your ISP obviously.

Is this Imagine WiMax? What is your setup?

Advertisement