Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton Co Cork 80/100km cycle routes

Options
  • 01-04-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Will be in Ballycotton next week for few days and planning to bring the bike, anyone recommend a few routes 80/100 km ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭hesker

You could do the 100km Tour de Cure route. Quite nice when you get off the main road.

Ballycotton...Youghal...Clashmore...Villierstown...Lismore....Tallow

from there back to either Youghal or Midleton.

Midleton route could be a bit above 100km

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

hesker wrote: »
    You could do the 100km Tour de Cure route. Quite nice when you get off the main road.

Ballycotton...Youghal...Clashmore...Villierstown...Lismore....Tallow

from there back to either Youghal or Midleton.

Midleton route could be a bit above 100km

Thanks
    Is the main rd N25 between Youghal and Midleton ok to cycle or best avoided ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andrewm79

The N25 between Youghal and Midleton has a hard shoulder for the majority of it, coming into towns and villages you loose this for a bit, surface is good too and I would love to say its a safe road but no road is ever safe so just keep your wits about you. Enjoy your time down in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

HI Just an idea and it is slightly over the 100 at 107 but it would be a nice enough route especially if a decent day. You ccould shorten it if you want to come back through cloyne again.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/383213704

I cant guarantee the road surface for The Cobh Island bit as i havent been down there yet this year but it is a nice scenic bit

Advertisement