Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Oil Flush? Any good?

Options
  • 01-04-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is engine flushes any good before you change the oil,,Heard some lads saying they wernt worth sh*t and others saying its brilliant....so is it any good??? as im doing a service this week ?

184374?$PDP_MAIN$

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What mileage is on your car? Whats the age?
    In an older engine flushing deposits can lead to all kinds of problems as the deposits are removed and they can start to burn oil.
    If its not using oil and has been serviced fairly regularly then I wouldn't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

162kms 1997 jap integra , it burns a bit of oil , but again most hondas do :) only have it about 6 months and serviced myself 6 months ago :) just wanted to know if people used it before and whats the pro's and con's :) i myself think it might do more damage than good , so might leave it alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

was doing an oil + filter change today, put in engine flush

but unfortunately wasn't able to get sump plug off

the thing is it says on the tin not to drive with engine flush in car...can i chance it for a 40 ml drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

CJhaughey wrote: »
    In an older engine flushing deposits can lead to all kinds of problems as the deposits are removed and they can start to burn oil.
    If its not using oil and has been serviced fairly regularly then I wouldn't use it.

I agree here it can also clean any deposits that are keeping seals fromm leaking and then the fun starts..

Op I wouldn't recommend driving with it in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

CJhaughey wrote: »

I agree here it can also clean any deposits that are keeping seals fromm leaking and then the fun starts..

Op I wouldn't recommend driving with it in the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Not for your engine at that mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

fryup wrote: »
    was doing an oil + filter change today, put in engine flush

but unfortunately wasn't able to get sump plug off

the thing is it says on the tin not to drive with engine flush in car...can i chance it for a 40 ml drive?

NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fryup, no don't drive it. Keep fighting that plug.
    Also state what car it as per the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

if it comes to it you can get a pump to suck the oil out the dipstick hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Phewwwwwwwwww!!!!

got the sump plug off........

because i was positioned on my back behind the plug i was tightening it instead of loosening it :o

what a dipstick i am :rolleyes:

btw - its a mitsu colt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement