Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about j1 and back to education

Options
  • 31-03-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi sorry I'm not sure if i am posting in the right place... but i have a query about the j1 visa and back to education allowence... can i go on a j1 and not have it effect my btea next sept when i return to second year in college... I've been getting it for year one... and know i need to either work or sign on for the summer... but what way does it work if that job is in america??? I've not been able to find this answer anywhere... and i've tried ringing offices but nobody seems to be answering so thought i'd post here... thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Carrick on shannon are generally good at answering queries

Back to Education Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

bump this thread! hi guys... im 27yr old a mature student in the same situation this summer i want to go on a j1visa im on back to education allowence currently my first year also.. how will this plan out for me when im back??...any advice would be grateful cheers :)

Advertisement