Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clampers

Options
  • 31-03-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Seven cars were clamped in the car park of Ivans yesterday.All of the owners were at the match.People should be careful goimg to the game in Thomond park next weekend.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seven cars were clamped in the car park of Ivans yesterday.All of the owners were at the match.People should be careful goimg to the game in Thomond park next weekend.

I saw 10 clamps there a few minutes after the match. People are probably assuming the clampers would stop after the shop closed. Not the case! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

An File wrote: »
    I saw 10 clamps there a few minutes after the match. People are probably assuming the clampers would stop after the shop closed. Not the case! :eek:

Who's authorising them to clamp there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Who's authorising them to clamp there?

Honestly couldn't tell you. I haven't read the signs in ages, but it's clearly posted on 3 sides of the carpark. Something along the lines of "Private property. Max. stay 60 minutes".

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

I went down today and the signage is on three of the poles in the large car park,I also saw a new sign at the entrance at ground level.They all say Max time 60 mins and also that the area is Private Property.This to me seems a case of handy money for the company/bank who now own the shop and car park.Welcome to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I went down today and the signage is on three of the poles in the large car park,I also saw a new sign at the entrance at ground level.They all say Max time 60 mins and also that the area is Private Property.This to me seems a case of handy money for the company/bank who now own the shop and car park.Welcome to Limerick.

Clamping is relatively limited in Limerick. Try living in Dublin and you will know all about it, there are numerous huge threads over on the motors forum about what goes on up there

• Advertisement

.This to me seems a case of handy money for the company/bank who now own the shop and car park.Welcome to Limerick.

I'm fairly sure it's the exact same arrangement that was in place for the last few years. People have been getting clamped during rugby and GAA matches ever since that second car park was built. I'm not I'm favour of it at all, but I think your cynicism is misplaced.

Advertisement