Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford commute

Options
  • 31-03-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey.
    I'm considering moving in with my best friend to rent a place. I work in Damastown industrial estate and were looking at getting a place in Sandyford(not Sandymount).

I'm wondering would this be feasible to drive using the m50 each day to damastown and back? I leave at around 7:30 and leave work at 4:30.

Do you guys have any thoughts? I would be willing to commute 30 mins. Google maps says 30 minutes in traffic but I'm not sure if I trust it.

The reason we are choose Sandyford as he works in Clonskeagh and he gets the bus, but I drive. and theirs not much other places where he can get the bus and I can easily get to work.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

In Sandyford you are right beside the M50, I'd say 30 mins without any traffic, but the M50 normally moves fairly well, so probably not more than 40 mins at that time in the morning

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I do the reverse commute, more or less, and the M50 northbound is much quieter than my southbound route in the mornings. Leaving Sandyford at that time is no problem either. So I would say 30 mins is about right on a typical morning. Dont forget that route will cost you €85 minimum in tolls per month.

Advertisement