Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin severe rain, flooding for tonight..Met Eireann says so!

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,906 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone in Dublin experiencing this?

I'm not....yet. I know the link says mayo power, but it honestly predicts Noahs Ark inn
    Dublin soon tonight. Unless its an April Fool joke!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0331/605799-mayo-power/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

No ha stopped raining here in coolock id say they got it wrong for the Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's already cleared Dublin on the radar. Just some heavy precip, nothing extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,906 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not a drop of rain here on the banks of the Liffey.

If only a similar warning had been given for the big storm there recently!

I think ME has been hacked!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

All gone/passed now...nothing to see here! :) But...I'd say somewhere like Dundalk will get a fair old splash of rain in the next hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Its fairly coming down in Dundalk now.
    Feck it. If the grass gets much longer i'll have to move upstairs for light during the day.

• Advertisement

Its fairly coming down in Dundalk now.
    Feck it. If the grass gets much longer i'll have to move upstairs for light during the day.

Ah yes, just like me, should have cut the grass already! But it's so feckin wet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Not a drop of rain here on the banks of the Liffey.

If only a similar warning had been given for the big storm there recently!

I think ME has been hacked!

Well there was no warning for that as it didnt affect dublin.

Chance of a little heavy rain in dublin and its big news.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

No rain here in the Dundrum-Churchtown area. Well so far...

adamski8 wrote: »
    Well there was no warning for that as it didnt affect dublin.

Chance of a little heavy rain in dublin and its big news.

I know that big storm was terrible elsewhere. That was my point, I wasn't referring to Dublin, how could I? We weren't really affected as much as others.

But there is a bit of Dublin centric stuff alright.

Any time something happens, RTE outside broadcast is on the Stillorgan Road right outside Montrose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Rain gone & wasn't much to be honest,slight bit of mist now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

ESB and Garda warnings - Bad day for Met Eireann - got it wrong big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Quite funny really. People complaining about Met Eireann not being active enough on social media etc after recent events and then they post now-cast information and people still complain! They only warned of what they saw coming which was an area of intense rainfall. The showers weakened as they approached Dublin and slid to the north.

This is the problem with forecasting and why Met Eireann probably avoid being too involved in social media as you are likely to grab much more bad publicity than if you don't bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Delta2113 wrote: »
    ESB and Garda warnings - Bad day for Met Eireann - got it wrong big time!

I wouldn't say they got it wrong 'big time'. If you look at the radar returns on met.ie from 1930 this evening, you'll see that Dublin came extremely close to experiencing torrential rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Quite funny really. People complaining about Met Eireann not being active enough on social media etc after recent events and then they post now-cast information and people still complain! They only warned of what they saw coming which was an area of intense rainfall. The showers weakened as they approached Dublin and slid to the north.

This is the problem with forecasting and why Met Eireann probably avoid being too involved in social media as you are likely to grab much more bad publicity than if you don't bother at all.
    They dont avoid anything that may affect dublin. But some of the worst storms of recent years arent very well covered at all because it isnt in dublin.

Im half regular lurker here and i havent heard much complaint about social media?!! Moreso that they dont give a ssheight about anything that might happen outside dublin 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

They dont avoid anything that may affect dublin. But some of the worst storms of recent years arent very well covered at all because it isnt in dublin.

Im half regular lurker here and i havent heard much complaint about social media?!! Moreso that they dont give a ssheight about anything that might happen outside dublin 4.

Have you any evidence to support this comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Their job is to forecast the weather in Ireland not just Dublin, agree ?
    They got it wrong.
    As for your last comment, surely if they avoid social media and avoid publicity they are not doing their job?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭sunnyagain

You obviously know very little about Met Eireann, even as to where it is located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

This thread has run its course
    There is a General Met Eireann related thread open here - please read the Mod Note before posting

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement