Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 520 Black - After update 2G only

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, i just updated my Lumia 520 to Black.

After that it would not show me any 3G networks.. When searching manually only 2G networks pops up, and connects with Edge speeds.
    I can see the highest speed setting 2G/3G but it does not have any effect.

Did these things after some googling with no effect

- Took battery and SIM off and back.
    - Resetted the phone
    - Made new APN settings via Access Connection

Any other things i could try? Im using Meteor sim in unlocked prev. O2 phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Give Meteor customer care a shout, there is this loaded msg with MMS settings that you save on the phone after you open it. It overwrites whatever MMS settings are on the phone, in your case 02's. Might work, not 100% sure but it worked for me with my Lumia 925 that was previously on Voda but I switched to Meteor for a month there and I did that and it worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

yeah, i tried to enter APN settings etc manually as stated from Meteor support page, the automated configuration text message thing just returned that my handset is not supported etc

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

the 3G services was just restored.. didnt do anything, just noticed that there was 3G and H+ visible.. maybe there was an small outage etc in the area.. good timing though if that was the case :)

Advertisement