Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Source Timber Planks/ Wall Panelling

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

I have a little alcove inside the front porch that needs something done with it so I'm looking to source some good quality timber to panel the walls, around the pipe and possible the bottom as well. I've tried Woody's, Cork Builders and B&Q with no luck so I'm looking for any suggestions in Cork.

Any ideas welcome......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Why not fit a cabinet there? It can be made to hide the pipe as well

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

I'd prefer not to go with a cabinet. The idea I had was to put timber panels on the walls and around the pipe and then I have a really nice piece of bog oak that I'm going to clean up and use as a feature in there.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

spillcoe wrote: »
    I have a little alcove inside the front porch that needs something done with it so I'm looking to source some good quality timber to panel the walls, around the pipe and possible the bottom as well. I've tried Woody's, Cork Builders and B&Q with no luck so I'm looking for any suggestions in Cork.

Any ideas welcome......

:confused: Not sure what you mean by 'panelling' Normally I would think of dark mahogany squares - king of 'Gentleman's library' theme. Any timber floor product should work such as cheap 'parawood/parquet' and simply stick on the walls. There will be a bit of cutting/fettling to get a symmetrical fit ( bit like bathroom tiles ) no matter what you use.?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

You could line it with veneered MDF, Woodworkers, McMahons and other supply this. Use some beading to trim the edges.

Advertisement