Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehorning calves

Options
  • 31-03-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Could anyone tell me if there was something brought out to replace costic for dehorning calves when it was took off the market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Not that I know of. What would be the point of removing one product from the market, and then allowing something the very same to be sold?
    The move is towards restricting the range of medicines and remedies available without prescription. Lots of stuff POM now, compared to 20 years ago

Still on sale North of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Ya can get the caustic gel. Forget the name of it. Will check later for ya if I think of it. Got it in the local pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fresh Pasture

Did you find the costic gel any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fresh Pasture

Yeah well I found that costic was a lot less stressful on the calves than the gas thing Im using now. Was reducing the amount of products available without prescription simply the reason why they took it off the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Did you find the costic gel any good?

Dunno yet lad. Usually burn them, first time trying this gel. Better be good stuff as I hate sawing them. Apparently one drop is sufficient on tip of bud. Sounds good anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

kay 9 wrote: »
    Dunno yet lad. Usually burn them, first time trying this gel. Better be good stuff as I hate sawing them. Apparently one drop is sufficient on tip of bud. Sounds good anyway.

We started using the paste here, undecided for now, thinking of going gas if it doesn't work

Advertisement